• Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

FishBone

FS: MLD ProPoncho w/lines, biners; Equinox Rain Chaps

Thread Starter: FishBone

I have a MLD Pro Poncho for sale, roughly 5'x9'; grey silnylon, seam sealed; excellent condition; only used 1-2 times; not my style. $125 alone (~14 oz);

Last Post By: dtp2c11 Today, 12:38 Go to last post
    Sethern

Second guessing myself

Thread Starter: Sethern

The nerves are really starting to get to me. I am less than a month from the start of my thru-hike and it seams like I am second guessing every choice

Last Post By: Grampie Today, 12:35 Go to last post
    ultrajoey

resupply notepad

Thread Starter: ultrajoey

Anyone considered taking a small notepad on a long hike? I'm an easily distracted, forgetful, daydreamer. I can see myself strolling into a resupply

Last Post By: WingedMonkey Today, 12:33 Go to last post
    squeezebox

Hiker feed issues

Thread Starter: squeezebox

Please don't. Trail feeds are even worse than feeding the bears. Maybe do some good and sign up for some trail maintenance instead.
    Hikers can

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 12:32 Go to last post
    squeezebox

Zombie killer

Thread Starter: squeezebox

Do you have a name for your pack?
    The reason I ask is because I'm about to buy a tough touring bicycle, Trek 920, everything from smooth pavement,

Last Post By: Leo L. Today, 12:29 Go to last post
    River Runner

ZPacks Arc Haul feature questions

Thread Starter: River Runner

For those that have the ZPacks Arc Haul, I am curious about the features, especially if you have used the pack on the trail. In particular, I am curious

Last Post By: DuneElliot Today, 12:27 Go to last post