• Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

Fiona

Which Tent?

Thread Starter: Fiona

I know there have been a lot of posts regarding tents, but there seems to be so many different opinions and I'm super confused. I plan to start at the

Last Post By: Old Hiker Today, 09:52 Go to last post
    new2hiking

NY last week of May

Thread Starter: new2hiking

What am I looking at in regards to weather, light crowds, etc? Trying to fight out clothes purchases

Last Post By: Cookerhiker Today, 09:49 Go to last post
    Gonecampn

Postponing My Section Hike:

Thread Starter: Gonecampn

The count down was on! Four more days until we marched to Springer Mountain via FS Rd 42 to complete our remaining miles on the GA section of the Benton

Last Post By: ChefATLTCT Today, 09:48 Go to last post
    snicklefitz

overthinking

Thread Starter: snicklefitz

So I was watching my bazillionth video about food load outs, gear load outs, best places to mail drop, I'm over the paralysis by analysis, I'm just going

Last Post By: Marta Today, 09:48 Go to last post
    radevil5

End of March start nobo

Thread Starter: radevil5

I posted before but I'm leaving probably the 3rd week of March. Forst attempt at a nobo thru-hike. Semi-experienced hiker. Looking for people to hang

Last Post By: ultrajoey Today, 09:41 Go to last post
    The Wanna Bs

real time journalling

Thread Starter: The Wanna Bs

Has anyone really had difficulties keeping a real time journal? I am not sure I understand the danger. Are there AT hiker stalkers out there? With

Last Post By: Water Rat Today, 09:40 Go to last post