• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Extra shoulder padding...

Thread Starter: jefals

I just bought a 6L bladder. Took it on a test run yesterday. I was concerned about the way I had it hooked on -- if it was going to be wobbling around,

Last Post By: jefals Today, 11:49 Go to last post
    Boots and Backpacks

100 Mile Wilderness

Thread Starter: Boots and Backpacks

For many year a few people in Monson have been providing bucket drops in the 100 Mile Wilderness to help hikers make it through that stretch. Well, not

Last Post By: rafe Today, 11:48 Go to last post

Two days on Slickrock Creek

Thread Starter: Cadenza

In 35 years of backpacking the combined Citico/Slickrock/Joyce Kilmer wilderness areas, most often I have tended to go in from Farr Gap, frequently from

Last Post By: Tipi Walter Today, 11:48 Go to last post

Lite weight rain/wind gear

Thread Starter: sethd513

Im becoming pretty familiar with lightweight fabrics such as silnylon, Cuban, different grades of rip stop and how thing are embedded with water proofing

Last Post By: shakey_snake Today, 11:44 Go to last post

Feb 1st start date

Thread Starter: Gottab

Anyone else out there thinking of a beginning of February start date? Have to start early because of work. Have lots of winter backpacking/ camping experience

Last Post By: Boots and Backpacks Today, 11:32 Go to last post

2015 vs 2016 AT Guide?

Thread Starter: JackThLion

Hi all! Quick question..

I read on another thread that the next year's AT guide usually comes out in January. When this happens, does he

Last Post By: Deacon Today, 11:22 Go to last post