• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

HikerMom78

Planning

Thread Starter: HikerMom78

Hi everyone! I am planning my first official thru hike! I've been wanting to thru hike the A.T., but it's unrealistic because I have 3 young children.

Last Post By: McPick Today, 23:57 Go to last post
    Paddlefoot

Titcomb Basin / Cirque du Towers?

Thread Starter: Paddlefoot

Alright, this isn't exactly a CDT thread, but I know some of you are familiar with these areas of the winds.

Are these areas as crowded in

Last Post By: Pringles Today, 23:56 Go to last post
    hiking@40

Hiking in SW Virginia in October

Thread Starter: hiking@40

Originally planned hike in July, but plans changed. Now committed to hiking in October. I have decided on hiking Fox Creek to Damascus. Sometime in

Last Post By: hiking@40 Today, 23:53 Go to last post
    squeezebox

3% vs. 20%

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I've heard the claim that 3% of the Baxter visitors, (thru hikers), use 20% of Baxter resources. How is that possible? What's going on?

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 23:47 Go to last post
    Mr Liberty

Stove for AT

Thread Starter: Mr Liberty

I'm looking at doing a 2016 SOBO on the AT (~early July through late Oct) and I'd like some advice on what I should use as a stove on the AT. It seems

Last Post By: Odd Man Out Today, 23:40 Go to last post
    mountain squid

2016 Thru-Hike Registry

Thread Starter: mountain squid

Just noticed that the 2016 sub-forum is open. All of you 2016 lurkers, it is finally your turn!

Trail Name
    Direction

Estimated

Last Post By: sketcher709 Today, 22:54 Go to last post