• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Pastor Bryon

Shameless Plug - Find Your Park Photo Contest

Thread Starter: Pastor Bryon

If self-promotion angers or annoys you move on. Sorry, but you've been warned.

Still a newbie here and want to respect this site as much

Last Post By: Pastor Bryon Today, 22:49 Go to last post

Extra shoulder padding...

Thread Starter: jefals

I just bought a 6L bladder. Took it on a test run yesterday. I was concerned about the way I had it hooked on -- if it was going to be wobbling around,

Last Post By: Vegan Packer Today, 22:41 Go to last post

Blog question: How often do you post? What do you suggest?

Thread Starter: BenOnAdventures

Good morning fellow adventurers, I was just wondering about your blogs how often do you post/suggest to post? I was thinking of trying to start doing

Last Post By: Violent Green Today, 22:33 Go to last post

Here are scientific papers on backcountry water quality...

Thread Starter: Colter

along with the citations are clickable links to the whole paper or abstract, along with some key quotes from the paper and some of my own comments where

Last Post By: Colter Today, 22:29 Go to last post

Swelling Hands

Thread Starter: C-Stepper

I have taken a four year hiatus from backpacking (due to family problems). I just started day hiking. I am putting in the miles as much as I can locally,

Last Post By: Violent Green Today, 22:29 Go to last post

Grandfather Mountain Halloween weekend

Thread Starter: Lnj

My husband and I are doing a quick shakedown hike the weekend of Halloween at Grandfather Mtn. Being from GA, Not sure what to expect in weather that

Last Post By: Venchka Today, 22:27 Go to last post