• Appalachian Trail Updates

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

ryan850

Hammock camping on an AT thru-hike

Thread Starter: ryan850

Have any of you used a hammock tent for a thru-hike? Did you have problems with that? I have a Clark NX-150 and love it. It's 3 lbs 6 oz, but when

Last Post By: TomN Today, 08:32 Go to last post
    rustmd

Bus transportation

Thread Starter: rustmd

Planning a NOBO section hike NJ to somewhere in CT. What towns can I find bus transportation for my return home?

thanks,
    .com

Last Post By: gsingjane Today, 08:30 Go to last post
    Kinnie

Feeding the Brain

Thread Starter: Kinnie

I'm sure this is somewhere, but I can't find it. I am wondering how you deal with the sheer monotony of a thru-hike. Gear lists rarely list books or

Last Post By: mrcoffeect Today, 08:29 Go to last post
    colorado_rob

Brasstown Bald GA in January???

Thread Starter: colorado_rob

Having no idea of typical snow conditions in that part of the country, does anyone know what is "typical" of BB trail conditions in mid-January?

Last Post By: daddytwosticks Today, 08:19 Go to last post
    Tprunty8

can you tell how full a fuel canister is?

Thread Starter: Tprunty8

I've reviewed the old posts in this forum and can't seem to find an answer. Other than just shaking it and guesstimating by weight, is there any way to

Last Post By: daddytwosticks Today, 08:10 Go to last post
    peakbagger

Baxter State Park AT concerns - Wow

Thread Starter: peakbagger

The following letter was sent to the ATC by the superintendent of Baxter State Park to the ATC and a copy of it is on the BSP website.

Last Post By: soilman Today, 08:08 Go to last post