• Make a yearly donation.

Donate and support the web site and our writers

• Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Recent Threads

ohdaisy

Currently planning for 2016, starting around March 15....

Thread Starter: ohdaisy

Any other ladies stating around the same time?
    I do have some prior hiking experience but have never completed a thru-hike or extensive backpacking

Last Post By: lexasaur Today, 14:41 Go to last post
    bobgessner57

Hiking with hearing aids

Thread Starter: bobgessner57

I was diagnosed with a moderate hearing loss in both ears this week and now am full of questions about hearing aids. I would be interested in any input

Last Post By: bobgessner57 Today, 14:40 Go to last post
    AO2134

Pinhoti Trail Video

Thread Starter: AO2134

Well guys. I am back at it again. This time I am hiking the Pinhoti Trail. I create video guides or virtual hikes of the trails I hike. The video focus

Last Post By: AO2134 Today, 14:40 Go to last post
    lexasaur

Thru-hike diet questions

Thread Starter: lexasaur

Hello WB! This is my first post; I've spent the last 6 months planning to hit Springer in March, but have left alllll of my meal planning to the last

Last Post By: George Today, 14:39 Go to last post
    jshannon

Garmin to acquire DeLorme

Thread Starter: jshannon

Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN) has entered into an agreement to acquire substantially all of the assets of DeLorme, a privately-held company that designs

Last Post By: heatherfeather Today, 14:29 Go to last post
    Arden

Good map of Baxter Park?

Thread Starter: Arden

Hi;
    I'm looking for a decent map of Baxter SP trails. What I have found online (for free) aren't worth anything. If I am going to purchase a map,

Last Post By: Water Rat Today, 14:21 Go to last post