• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

storing gear

Thread Starter: squeezebox

I know about not storing insulated stuff stuffed tight. But what about tents, pads? My hiking clothes share a drawer with my cycling clothes. Not sure

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 14:10 Go to last post

Sleeping bags on the AT

Thread Starter: mksapp

I have done a lot of research over the last few months and I am not impressed with most of the bags out there. I currently have a synthetic Mountain Hardwear

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 14:01 Go to last post

Section Hike as series of out and backs...double counting?

Thread Starter: Kaptainkriz

So, if each time I do a hike/section, I park in a lot, hike somewhere, and return, and do the whole trail this way, I will actually have hiked the whole

Last Post By: tdoczi Today, 13:52 Go to last post

Lightheart gear solong6 in light snow?

Thread Starter: saltysack

I realize it's not a 4 season shelter but giving its what I currently use I'm curious if anyone has used it in any light snow fall? I've used it on plenty

Last Post By: Venchka Today, 13:50 Go to last post

Rain gear choice discussion

Thread Starter: mksapp

Im thinking about using The Packa along with Zpacks Challenger Rain pants.... possibly the Zpacks Challenger Rain Gaiters for my thru hike. What rain

Last Post By: Hikes in Rain Today, 13:49 Go to last post

Freezer bag cooking

Thread Starter: coyote9

I just got home from a backpacking trip the day before Thanksgiving with a large group. Several people where using the freezerbag cooking method which

Last Post By: 4eyedbuzzard Today, 13:37 Go to last post