• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

LostandFound

Springer to Standing Indian Campground?

Thread Starter: LostandFound

Planning a section from Springer to Standing Indian Campground in late May. Can I leave my car at Standing Indian Campground safely? Does anyone have

Last Post By: joshuasdad Today, 22:41 Go to last post
    Mithadon

Hiking with wide feet...

Thread Starter: Mithadon

So I've been walking as much as possible as preparation, but I'm also using these pretty neutral New Balance trail running shoes. The weight is really

Last Post By: BirdBrain Today, 22:38 Go to last post
    The Splitter

Insight on pack weight (creature comforts and convenience vs ultralight)

Thread Starter: The Splitter

I've been trying to look at ways to cut weight with my pack. Below is currently where I stand as far as gear with some justifications for what I'm carrying

Last Post By: Tuckahoe Today, 22:34 Go to last post
    snow93

Best quilt temperature for three season use

Thread Starter: snow93

Looking for an idea on what the best quilt temperature might be. I am between 20 and 30.

Last Post By: MuddyWaters Today, 22:33 Go to last post
    RADHiker

19E NOBO to Damascus?

Thread Starter: RADHiker

How's this route for a six day hike? We typically hike 10-15 miles a day and the topo looks pretty good in this area for a nice week of hiking. I see

Last Post By: RADHiker Today, 22:29 Go to last post
    OiTrekker

Ticks???

Thread Starter: OiTrekker

I read an article about Ticks and it stated that theres a lot of them blood suckers in the country around NC, TN, VA. Any tips and advice would be wonderful.

Last Post By: Thorfinn Today, 22:22 Go to last post