• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

experience with using down quilt/bag for multiple days in Oct/Nov in GSMNP?

Thread Starter: saltcreektrail

I love my JRB Hudson River 900 fp (temp rated 25-30F) quilt, but b/c Iím seeing so much caution about moisture accumulation in down over time, Iím wondering

Last Post By: Dogwood Today, 01:24 Go to last post

peanut powder

Thread Starter: billreillyjr

i don't know if this was posted yet-i've been hiking but JIF is now selling powdered peanuts at my local supermarket--it was 85% less fat and the only

Last Post By: LAZ Today, 01:00 Go to last post

Using a trash compactor bag - question

Thread Starter: donthaveoneyet

Hi Folks,

I've heard a lot about using a trash compactor bag inside your pack to hold a sleeping bag, etc. This may seem like a dumb question,

Last Post By: cycle003 Yesterday, 23:52 Go to last post

First time with trekking poles... Any advice ?

Thread Starter: Spacelord

Leaving tomorrow for a sixty mile hike and I'll be taking a set of Black Diamond trekking poles. Never used a set before, got am cheap and hope that they

Last Post By: cycle003 Yesterday, 23:48 Go to last post

TR: Elk Park/Needleton Loop with extras

Thread Starter: OwenM

Hey guys; I saw some discussion and request for pics/details of this loop in another thread from earlier in the year, and thought I'd put up pics from

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 23:42 Go to last post
    bamboo bob

Water Silverton To lake City

Thread Starter: bamboo bob

After an aborted postholing and near drowning in late June my wife and I will be back in September to do a piece of NOBO CDT. Yes we could have skipped

Last Post By: Dogwood Yesterday, 23:35 Go to last post