• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or section hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

Santize a Gravityworks Carbon Element Filter?

Thread Starter: SkeeterPee

I have a Sawyer Mini for filtration with a Gravityworks Carbon Filter as a secondary filter. I know I run bleach water through the mini for sanitation

Last Post By: SkeeterPee Today, 19:46 Go to last post

Multivitamin use?

Thread Starter: Lifersol

I know that food on the trail isn't always healthy or contain what we need. Is it practical to have multivitamins on hand?

Last Post By: OCDave Today, 19:40 Go to last post

Log Book for Section Hike?

Thread Starter: SkeeterPee

Is there an official log you should record your section hikes in? My wife asked me if was tacking them and I have not yet, but think perhaps I should

Last Post By: Hikes in Rain Today, 19:40 Go to last post

Trash Compactor Bags

Thread Starter: Hikingmaddie

Quick question that I can't seem to find the answer to, one im sure is fairly obvious haha. Do you all line your pack with the trash compactor bag the

Last Post By: Hosh Today, 19:29 Go to last post
    Damn Yankee

WTB: 8X10 Flat tarp

Thread Starter: Damn Yankee

Let me know what you have please. Not looking for anything expensive. I know expensive is a relative term but, let's keep it at $75 or below.

Last Post By: scudder Today, 19:27 Go to last post

Effect of El Niño on 2016 PCT Thruhike

Thread Starter: takethisbread

Here it comes! El Niño is a changing in air currents that result in warming water temperatures in the Eastern Pacific (USA) and cooler water temperatures

Last Post By: Malto Today, 19:26 Go to last post