• Random Images

• attroll

by Published on 01-06-2017 23:58

I am only a week behind schedule but the book is done. I am going over the format and tidying up a few minor details. It will go to the publishers on Monday. This will be the first book that I have published on my own. I should have the books in about three weeks. Once I have them, you can order them from www.whiteblazepages.com/store.

I put a lot of research and data collection into this book. I hope it all pays off and helps Appalachian Trail hikers. I think this is going to be a great resource to anyone wanting to do sections of the Appalachian Trail or thru hike the whole trail. I am trying to make it very affordable to all. Currently set at a price of $5.00, I think it makes it reasonable.

The mileage data is up to date. There are more mileage points in this book than any other single Appalachian Trail guide book on the market.

If you would like to see a sample of the book you can do so here www.whiteblazepages.com.

If you think you will be purchasing one of my book, please click “like” on the WhiteBlaze Pages Facebook Thread.
    Published on 11-02-2016 22:06
    Article Preview

Please go to the facebook page Bring Kris Fowler/Sherpa Home, or username tag /u/dummey in a comment here, if you have any helpful information on his potential whereabouts or want to help in anyway. I am not affiliated with the search, but thought I'd broaden the audience to increase the chances of useful info.

Update1 (31/10 11:24AM PST): Yakima County Sheriff, Sgt Briscoe taking lead in investigation. Helicopters and hikers being sent out by them shortly.
    Update2 (1/11 9:07AM PST): Fox45now article. Q13FOX video
    Sherpa's belongings were searched at the hotel in Packwood, as he had left them in a trailer he was staying in without permission (?), he said he was just cold. Cops ran his ID and found nothing wrong, and the kind owners of the trailer ended up feeding him that lunch and night, gave him hotel room for the the night, asked him to stay another night, but he left the next morning. He mentioned he was hitching to Cracker Barrel and then hiking to Snoqualmie. He also had the intention of going to Goodwill for warmer clothes.
    Published on 10-17-2016 16:15
    1. Categories:
    2. Clothing,
    3. Reviews,
    4. Gear,
    5. Advice

Ultra light 101: It’s All In Your Head
    By: Maggie Wallace

My trail crew had hauled in 70-pound packs to this desert 200 miles from the Northern terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. It was on this trip, while we worked in a particularly arid day, that I had my first experience with an ultra light hiker. We had noticed a figure moving towards us through the heat. He was wearing tennis shoes and clothing that hung in tatters, and his pack appeared to be a child’s school bag, held together with duct tape. His eyes were wild as he asked us where the next spring was so he could fill the single water bottle he carried. Explaining that he planned to reach Canada ...
    Published on 09-24-2016 10:45
    1. Categories:
    2. Journals or blogs
    Article Preview

Preparing to hike the Appalachian Trail
    “The Longing”
    Virginia Beach, Virginia 1/3/2015

It started with By: Lillie A Stack
    jealousy of my son’s freedom. He and his friends grabbed the freedom to explore Europe, to be free from responsibility for a small time. I had never had that much freedom and I wanted it.

Three years ago my son Nick and his friend Alex decided they were going to walk Spain’s El Camino de Santiago, a Christian pilgrimage thousands of people begin each year from popular starting
    by Published on 09-04-2016 18:36
    Article Preview

I am happy to report that Patrick Flaherty has been located along the AT, somewhere in Roanoke, VA. The family has contact WhiteBlaze ...
    by Published on 05-19-2016 19:33

The St Mary of the Assumption Church Hostel in Cheshire, Massachusetts is no longer able to provide services for hikers in their parish hall due to programming demands and insurance requirements. Please pass this word along.
    1. Categories:
    2. News

Lambert's Meadow Shelter and Campground closed due to Problem Bear activity
    (5/11/16) Due to problem bear activity around Lamberts Meadow Shelter and Campsite, including a bear coming into the shelter and taking hikers' food bags, Lambert's Meadow Shelter and Campground are closed. If necessary, hikers may use a temporary designated campsite that has been established just south of Hay Rock, and marked with a sign. No fires! Hay Rock is 5.4 miles north of Lamberts Meadow Shelter, and 4 miles south of US-220 in Daleville. Lamberts Meadow is the only reliable water source between Campbell Shelter and Tinker Creek near Daleville. Hikers camping near Hay Rock should bring sufficient water.
    by Published on 04-03-2016 12:02
    Article Preview

Rock 'n Sole Hostel in PA, is a new hostel this year (2016). Owners Craig and Jody Stine are making room at their place to get involved with the hiker support lifestyle.

They are a family operation that caters to those seeking a tranquil and enjoyable trail respite. The property and bunkhouse is a smoke and drug free place for hikers to have a peaceful refuge and refreshing break from the trail. Currently offering a bunk house with seven beds available, air conditioning, WiFi . Stay includes hot outdoor shower, use of chemical privy, breakfast and a ride back to the trail for a suggested $35 per night (2016), includes dinner. Other options include laundry and mail drops for additional donation.
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  • Recent RSS feeds

WhiteBlaze

Saint Andrews woman one of few to finish Appalachian Trail hike - CBC.ca

CBC.caSaint Andrews woman one of few to finish Appalachian Trail hikeCBC.caEvery year, thousands of hikers set out to complete the Appalachian Trail,

WhiteBlaze Yesterday, 20:10 Go to last post
  • Newest Images

• Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users