• Appalachian Trail Updates

• 2,000 Miler Listing

Have you thru hiked or completed a section hike of the Appalachian Trail? If you have, please add yourself to our 2,000 miler listing/database.

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Recent Threads

nobadays

Getting Water from Dirt Tanks

Thread Starter: nobadays

Hi all...

My wife and I are "young" 60's couple who put in a lot of hiking/backpacking miles and have recently decided to start

Last Post By: nobadays Today, 18:58 Go to last post
    Size12

Can anyone name this knot?

Thread Starter: Size12

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can put a name to this knot? I was taught it when I was sailing a while ago, but I was never given a name for it. It

Last Post By: Size12 Today, 18:56 Go to last post
    bigfeesh

Biggest/best trekking poles?

Thread Starter: bigfeesh

I'm 6'6" and may be looking for a new pair of hiking poles. I'm trying to get Leki to replace my busted poles that max out at 145cm. Curious if anyone

Last Post By: bigfeesh Today, 18:51 Go to last post
    joshobrien77

Section Hike for Noobs

Thread Starter: joshobrien77

I'm a 37 year old IT guy. I have been doing light hiking in Ohio over the past two years with up to 16 mile days. Even spent two days in the NH Whites

Last Post By: joshobrien77 Today, 18:45 Go to last post
    kjbrown

CPAP machine and thru hike

Thread Starter: kjbrown

I am in the first stages of planning my tru hike in 2017 and I use a CPAP machine every night. I have found some lightweight machines and portable battery

Last Post By: juma Today, 17:48 Go to last post
    Kharz

One week section hike - ending up in Tahoe

Thread Starter: Kharz

Hey guys -

If the stars align perfectly, it looks like I will be changing jobs in the next few weeks. I have negotiated a three week break

Last Post By: juma Today, 17:43 Go to last post