• Appalachian Trail Updates

• Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • In Memory of:

Bill Irwin
    "Bill Irwin"

Thread discussion "Here"

Michael D. Smith Jr.
    "Mystic" 06

Thread discussion "Here"
  • Recent Threads

Slo-go'en

late season stragglers

Thread Starter: Slo-go'en

Happens every year. I just meet a whole gaggle of NOBO stragglers at the Gorham, NH Walmart this afteroon. Close to a dozen I'd guess. With only about

Last Post By: Jeff Today, 17:46 Go to last post
    dangerdave

Handling Bear Line

Thread Starter: dangerdave

I'm trying not to become too OCD about organizing my pack, but I needed a simple, lightweight way to keep my 50' of paracord from tangling. I thought

Last Post By: Coffee Today, 17:36 Go to last post
    CarlZ993

Hiking Itinerary for My 2013 AT Hike

Thread Starter: CarlZ993

For those who are planning an upcoming AT thru-hike, I've attached a link to my 2013 AT thru-hike (GA-ME). I started 3/21/13 & finished 8/19/13 (152

Last Post By: map man Today, 17:29 Go to last post
    bamboo bob

Is it over?

Thread Starter: bamboo bob

I'm a bit bummed out. I find that I'm just not motivated enough to hike like a used to. After 10-12 miles, I'm done. It's screwed up my trip planning

Last Post By: kayak karl Today, 17:17 Go to last post
    Sailor (The other one)

MSR Titan Kettle + $40

Thread Starter: Sailor (The other one)

MSR Titanium Titan Kettle + homemade aluminum flashing windscreen, aluminum base, Super Cat stove, mesh stuff sack. Total weight 6.1 ounces. The red insulation

Last Post By: TheTurtle Today, 17:01 Go to last post
    soad

Car sleeping near Bastian VA

Thread Starter: soad

Hi all! Me and a buddy are headed south in a few weeks along I-77. We are planning on doing a short day hike on the trail near Batian. We are probably

Last Post By: soad Today, 16:27 Go to last post