WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Journal Entries
    Images

And don't forget to get yourself Excel and plan your every step. Plan where you are going to stay every night. Plan where you are going to eat each meal. Plan on where you plan on taking breaks. Plan on which days you plan to take zero days. Add up the mileage and the elevation gain and loss for each day. This way you can have your goals and know where you are on any given day, even a month from now. This is huge in the resupply plan. But, if you carry enough stuff, kill and gather food, and have an open campfire every night, you will only have to resupply a couple of times. Good look!

Images

..........again
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Journal Entries
    Images

Better yet, why don't you stay here and do a cyber hike and get that patch this way. They will never know.....

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by skiptrace View Post
    You should, with great expeditiosity, get a copy of the 2009 thru hikers handbook or something like that and read everything in it. Read peoples trail journals. Read all the info available here. The shelters are free dude.
    You're lying and you know it.........

Images

Shelters are not free. You will find posted in each one and address. You are expected to mail $5.00 to the local maintaining club for your stay at each and every shelter you use. This is a more than reasonable fee to cover repairs and such. This is on the honor system and we know how honorable most hikers are.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Shelters are not free. You will find posted in each one and address. You are expected to mail $5.00 to the local maintaining club for your stay at each and every shelter you use. This is a more than reasonable fee to cover repairs and such. This is on the honor system and we know how honorable most hikers are.
    Or you can just leave the $5 in with the shelter log at each shelter,.... um, when did you say you would be starting again?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    And don't forget to get yourself Excel and plan your every step. Plan where you are going to stay every night. Plan where you are going to eat each meal. Plan on where you plan on taking breaks. Plan on which days you plan to take zero days. Add up the mileage and the elevation gain and loss for each day. This way you can have your goals and know where you are on any given day, even a month from now. This is huge in the resupply plan. But, if you carry enough stuff, kill and gather food, and have an open campfire every night, you will only have to resupply a couple of times. Good look!

Sounds a bit anal to me . . .
    It's a great day to be alive !

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac_in View Post
    I would especially recommend anything made by North Face. I see all the cool college kids wearing their clothing. It MUST be good stuff.
    Most of my gear is from LLBean or Cabellas but I also have some NorthFace and some stuff from Sears.

Quote Originally Posted by skiptrace View Post
    You should, with great expeditiosity, get a copy of the 2009 thru hikers handbook or something like that and read everything in it. Read peoples trail journals. Read all the info available here. The shelters are free dude.
    I have the Data Book and I have looked it through a few times but it doesn't give nearly as many good tips as the folks here have.
    I wouldn't even begin to know how to find someones trail journals to read but if I do, I would like to.
    Umm, as far as the shelters being free. . . haha. . . that's very funny, they also tried to get me to think I need a generator.
    Thanks though for the journals idea. How do I find one?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac_in View Post
    Sounds a bit anal to me . . .
    Sounds like you analyzed his OCD. . .

-

I act as a broker for all local trail clubs and can offer 4$ per night shelters I also have a thru hiker discount card that makes all hostels 9.95$ or less hotels 19.95$ AYCE 6$ or less all for only 49.95+ s+h I am sure you will want this and how many shelter nites will you also want ? PM me your VISA #

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    ...Do I really have to touch every white blaze to be a purist?
    I thought you had to lick them. Mmmmaple...sweet. Pffftpine...sticky.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Sounds like you analyzed his OCD. . .
    I took OCD (Over the Counter Drugs) yesterday, generic work just as good as name brand, but many doctors seen on TV would have you believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I act as a broker for all local trail clubs and can offer 4$ per night shelters I also have a thru hiker discount card that makes all hostels 9.95$ or less hotels 19.95$ AYCE 6$ or less all for only 49.95+ s+h I am sure you will want this and how many shelter nites will you also want ? PM me your VISA #
    Can I just send cash?

Quote Originally Posted by JERMM View Post
    I took OCD (Over the Counter Drugs) yesterday, generic work just as good as name brand, but many doctors seen on TV would have you believe otherwise.
    Speaking of which, what kind and quantity of drugs will I need to take on the trail with me other than my multi vitamins? I've heard someone say I should bring glucosamine to help with indigestion, but what else will I need?

Images

Morphine patches. If you don't need 'em, you can roll them up and smoke 'em.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Speaking of which, what kind and quantity of drugs will I need to take on the trail with me other than my multi vitamins? I've heard someone say I should bring glucosamine to help with indigestion, but what else will I need?
    Most hikers just bring along their bong. I would highly recommend the Michael Phelps endorsed model.
    It's a great day to be alive !

Well that stuff would be fine, but a true purist would just find something on the trail to fix whatever is wrong with them. I do believe there is a patch or at least a pin for those who do that.

Images

Bring a hookah. You'll make lotz of friends.
    A E I OOOhhh EWE
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

touch every blaze? what does that mean?

Images

Default Bragging ULers

Sick of all you ultralighters coming on this post and bragging about your wonderful gear and 90 pound packs. Sick of it I tell ya!

Me and my nesting set of dutch ovens will be just fine! dammit!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSeagal View Post
    touch every blaze? what does that mean?
    It means that once you get your camp fire blazing you should touch it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Especially since the hike in and make sure you have a nice fire everynight

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++