WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Hey Animal.. I do believe I remember hearing about you hiking some last year too. I think I remember seeing Green Mountain Hostel put up a picture of you as one of their guests. You are well known for carrying that bucket if you are the same person as last year.
    Hi HikerMom, Yes that was me…I think I’m the only one who goes very far with a bucket. I’ve heard of a few people who lasted a week or two and then quit. It’s not easy. GMH put up a picture of me in 2012. I enjoy reading your posts and threads here on whiteblaze and wanted to tell you... thank you for being so helpful, especially to the newbies on here.

Quote Originally Posted by -Animal View Post
    Hi HikerMom, Yes that was me…I think I’m the only one who goes very far with a bucket. I’ve heard of a few people who lasted a week or two and then quit. It’s not easy. GMH put up a picture of me in 2012. I enjoy reading your posts and threads here on whiteblaze and wanted to tell you... thank you for being so helpful, especially to the newbies on here.
    Thanks for the kind words -Animal! You are one of a kind, for sure, carrying that bucket, I'm sure it's not easy at all ... Maybe I will get to meet you this year! :0)

I've been thinking about bringing pieces, too. Would love to play sometime.

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    Somewhere in New Hampshire south of the Whites I believe there's a double privy with a chessboard between the seats. So if you make it that far, all you'll need are the pieces.
    There's the Piazza Rock Lean-to in Maine, just north of the road for Rangeley. It has a cribbage board now, according to this guy, but I could swear in 2011 when I went through it was a chessboard. Maybe the MATC decided to change it up. Or maybe I just remember it wrong.
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++