WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I can guarantee a thru-hike of the 92 mile Massachusetts MidState Trail in less than a month. That's intense right?

I'm considering taking a pair of crutches on a 75 miler in August, in case my bad knees fail. Is that crazy enough for reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Crybaby.Media View Post
    Hello!

Random email here! I am a development TV producer at Crybaby Media in NYC always on the hunt for new shows and larger than life characters!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records this up coming season. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time. So wether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

If this is you OR you know would would be perfect - please call or email anytime! Look forward to telling your more about the project!
    You'd think a television producer would know how to use a spelling/grammar check. It makes you look unprofessional when you don't even use your/you're correctly.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Flash View Post
    You'd think a television producer would know how to use a spelling/grammar check. It makes you look unprofessional when you don't even use your/you're correctly.
    No journalism major left behind . . .

Default TV Question - Thru Hiker

Hello!

Random email here! I am a development TV producer at Crybaby Media in NYC always on the hunt for new shows and larger than life characters!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records or some sort of milestone this up coming season. However you are hiking.... you are doing it in a very unique way. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time and in a certain fashion! So wether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

If this is you OR you know would would be perfect - please call or email anytime! Look forward to telling your more about the project!

[email protected]

Journal Entries
    Images

Take the bus to Bear Mountain in June/July, set a chair beside the trail, & interview the thru hikers as they walk by!
    HighLiner
    2000 Miler

I don't know why you strapped cash hikers or those looking to make a name for themselves or want to simply tell your story aren't all over this thread.

Default TV Question - Thru Hiker

Hello!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records or some sort of milestone this up coming season. However you are hiking.... you are doing it in a very uniqueway. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time. So whether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

[email protected]

how many times is this dude gonna throw this out there? seriously man, overall, the community you are asking for ideas from does not support the idea whatsoever

Images

At what point will these posts be treated as commercial spam?
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Images

Maybe because cash strapped hikers also realize that there is no chance making a buck from the parade of usually cash starved fly by night media production companies.

When I was a Civil War reenactor we were alway being sought out by some production company looking for reenactors believing that we'd bring our own kit and work for free. Somehow the chance to appear on TV was thought to be payment enough.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Crybaby.Media View Post
    Hello!

Currently I am developing a show on thru hiking! We want to hear your story. Looking for the most intense thru hikers who wouldn't mind breaking records or some sort of milestone this up coming season. However you are hiking.... you are doing it in a very uniqueway. The hikers we are looking for - hike alone, know how to survive in the woods, travel light, and are determined to finish in a certain amount of time. So whether it's the Appalachian Trail your hiking, the Great Divide or the 100 other long distance hikes in the U.S. - we want to hear your story and approach!

[email protected]
    You shouldn't be interested in us as we are far from perfect.....we can't even agree on the "right" approach. (trail)
    Last edited by HikerMom58; 01-25-2014 at 10:18.

Thirty years of reality TV has left many wanting less...but the lime light can be oh so strong for some, be careful what you wish for.

You could look at it that way or you could look at it as an opportunity, as a possible entrance door into Reality TV Show production, as a stepping stone, as a possible launching pt. It could allow someone to share their story, possibly their hiking lifestyle, and their passions AND lead to something more substantially financial. This could be a fantastic opportunity for the right person! This could be an opportunity where you are more likely to enter the Entertainment Industry with a small media development group compared to a larger more established more entrenched media/production development group. Crybaby is a real company that works with producers(film makers) of Reality TV shows. You know, those types of shows that are currently astronomically popular here in the U.S., have launched Hollywood careers, and made avg but somewhat quirky eccentric entertainingly interesting people("larger than life characters") into multi-millionaires? Have you noticed HOW MANY Reality TV Shows are based in outdoor settings/environments? Crybaby is wanting to develop a Reality Show on thru-hiking/thru-hukers. What do some people here want? What do they think they deserve? What are they really willing to give in return for something that MIGHT help them? This could be a fantastic opportunity for the right person to possibly actually make a career/a living from their hiking endeavors!

Take it from someone who squandered Hollywood level entertainment relationships as a film distributor when I had the opportunity to get in on the ground level of what are now some of Hollywood's film production companies that are making significant impacts in the Entertainment Industry - New Line Cinema, Lions Gate, etc. If I had only fostered those relationship opps 15 yrs ago when those companies were reaching out to my film distribution company I woulda I coulda I shoulda......?

http://www.crybaby-media.com/

I'll do it for $100,000.00 in cash before I start.

Quote Originally Posted by off-pher View Post
    I'll do it for $100,000.00 in cash before I start.
    I'll do it for $99,999.99!

Mods perhaps we can combine the threads Crybaby has started all the same? Easy does it folks. There are some who might be interested in pursuing this.

Mods perhaps we can combine the threads Crybaby has started all the same? Easy does it folks. There are some who might be interested in pursuing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Ape View Post
    how many times is this dude gonna throw this out there? seriously man, overall, the community you are asking for ideas from does not support the idea whatsoever
    What community are referring to, the hiking community or the WB community? If the former, I don't remember anybody asking me what I thought.
    More walking, less talking.

Look up Dakota Joe on Facebook. As a bonus, he already has experience with reality TV.
    The one who follows the crowd, will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++