WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool White Blazers who live near the trail

i noticed that alot of people hear live near the trail and post on this board frequently , i start my thru hike on march 1st and wanted to meet a few of you guys on my adventure!
    IM really digging hiker moms attitude on here and would love to meet because she seems to be super awesome!

Maybe I'll see you looking for a ride back to town from the Gorham Walmart.. hope you make up this way
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I'm always out and about in MD.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSection12 View Post
    I'm always out and about in MD.
    Same here..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I live a 1000' from the trail, 6 miles south of the halfway point, 1 mile north of the Birch Run Shelter, stop in and say hello, pitch your tent, get a shower and we'll have a BBQ. PM'd you with my number

Thanks for the kind words Happy44!! I'd love to meet you too.

Have a wonderful adventure starting March 1st. We'll be pulling for ya! We luv our hiking class of 2014!! Woo Hoo!!

I do live 5 miles from the Daleville AT road crossing. If you & your hiking buds need a helping hand, give me a holler!

Images

keep a journal and update it often (if you are afraid of stalkers delay posts)
    people messaged me and stopped on trail to see me. some of the best times i remember. one of them brought me little debbies and hugs. , others cashed water and crackers, openned their homes and encouraged me. i would of met LW, but he had a heart attack just to avoid me
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I'd also love to meet as many White Blazers as possible on my hike!

I've been following the board closely and it would be awesome to meet some of you in person.
    If it wasn't for this website I don't think I would have made the decision to do the hike.
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    I live a 1000' from the trail, 6 miles south of the halfway point, 1 mile north of the Birch Run Shelter, stop in and say hello, pitch your tent, get a shower and we'll have a BBQ. PM'd you with my number
    Wow, wish I had your number a month ago. I bailed on a trip due to snow and cold and thought 'Ridge Road' (just South of Birch Run) was an actual road... Then my ride refused to leave without me when we realized it wasn't plowed at all and they couldn't reach me. It was a long, hectic night. I walked the three miles North on Ridge Road to Shippensburg Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    I'd also love to meet as many White Blazers as possible on my hike!

I've been following the board closely and it would be awesome to meet some of you in person.
    If it wasn't for this website I don't think I would have made the decision to do the hike.

That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.

If you want my contact info let me know.

Images

I live near the trail between Swatara and Duncannon. I'm am in the woods scaring hikers in a bear suit, though not during hiking season.

i got a few pms from people with there numbers so im going to put them in my awol book at that location so when im passing by ill give them a ring ,,, IM SUPER STOKED 5 more weeks ;P

i sometimes feel a little guilty for not giving back. i work at ATL airport, and live in ellijay when i'm off schedule. on the surface it seems like it would be convenient to offer rides to "friends" but the few times i've put it out there the logistics get a little annoying

i thought that it was going to be very hard to hike alone and without having any family, but i was wrong, alot of you guys are my family and are giving me tons of support, people say the best part of hiking is being alone in the woods with your own thoughts, i believe its the people you meet! , in 2012 i met blissful in MD at the dahlgren campground, she game be pack management , a wellness plan (that i followed) , and she even took care of my feet (they were bad), and shared her meal with me, later that night a few drunks came to set up camp and she was able to boot them out so we could have a good nite sleep, She probably doesnt remember me but i will never forget how much better i felt leaving then when i arrived at the campgound!

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i would of met LW, but he had a heart attack just to avoid me
    The lengths some people will go to just to avoid being sociable!!!! Well, Snacktime and I got to meet LW, and it was worth the stalking....
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    [/B]That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.
    Aww, thanks! I'd love your contact info, PM sent.
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

I am always out and about from Winding Stair gap to Fontana especially on weekends who knows we might meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy44 View Post
    i noticed that alot of people hear live near the trail and post on this board frequently , i start my thru hike on march 1st and wanted to meet a few of you guys on my adventure!
    IM really digging hiker moms attitude on here and would love to meet because she seems to be super awesome!

I live in Buena Vista which a lot of people use as a resupply point between Daleville and Waynesboro. Pm me if you would like my cell number. I might be able to bring you into town/back to the trail or both. Depends on my work schedule.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    The lengths some people will go to just to avoid being sociable!!!! Well, Snacktime and I got to meet LW, and it was worth the stalking....
    ill meet him someday.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    [/B]That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.

Ditto.......

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++