WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Hey LoneHiker, tell us more about this Mr Tarlin and his resupply list please :-)
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker View Post
    Hey LoneHiker, tell us more about this Mr Tarlin and his resupply list please :-)
    click Home/Articles tab up top. Then select AT re-supply articles. If I remember right there are 5 articles (sections).
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker, your welcome for starting the into thread, figured it would help get everyone acquainted. Yeah, being from Vermont, I camp on the LT /AT year round even in the dead of winter, so I am quite used to the cold weather. I do hope for a mild winter coming up so I could start in February. I am on the fence though, I might hang out and make it to the ATKO, to get the full experience, soak it in, and be in the hiker bubble. I wanna see the sights, take everything in, take my time, have a awesome time, and really enjoy the experience. Hence why I opted out of going SOBO, as SOBO's are more alone, there's really no bubble, and it's more of an introvert experience. Maybe after I go NOBO and experience it that way, I'll go SOBO sometime down the road, my goal first though is to get the Triple Crown. The best part of waiting a little longer is being able to save even more money, I don't wanna be one of the hikers that runs out and has to bail... ****ty part is I work at a gas station, and was looking forward to being done with customer service, but it's definitely worth waiting a little longer... So excited to meet everyone...

Journal Entries

I too am planning on a 2015 thru. I'm seriously thinking of doing the Pinhoti starting early March and then continuing on the at after the small stretch of the BMT. Hope to see you all there.

386 days...is this really happening? Indeed it is. I've only begun some initial gear shakedown, I own most everything that I am going to need. Fortunately I will only need some minor upgrades to my equipment desires. Looking forward to the year ahead as a things being to coalesce into something that looks like plan, if only a rudimentary one. Things change. Habits form. Desires evolve. To the Class of 2015 -be well!

Journal Entries

Wow sfdoc! Sounds like an ambitious plan :-). Will you be picking up the pinhoti in alabama or at some other point? Will you be doing the BMT to where it intersects the AT at Fontana I think it is? How long do you think it will take you to finish the trail? And how many miles will that be total? You will have to keep us informed when the time comes as to your progress.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Journal Entries

Treybein, I understand your excitement. The 5th marked a year to the date when I plan to start walking from the arch, up the stairs of the falls to the lodge for the ATKO. The 9th marked the day that I intend to begin my journey down the trail. When I think about it my whole body starts to vibrate with excitement. I still have a long way to go with my clothing and gear. Rethinking some of the things I have already bought based on the feedback I have gotten from the good folks in here. Some I might change and some I might keep the same. While I am walking for adventure I intend to do so with at least a modicum of comfort, so I might be willing to carry a little extra weight, though I will keep an eye on the overall picture. Not to be too cliche but looking forward to getting lost to find myself and freeing myself. To open up a new way of thinking and being. A heck of thing at my age but better late than never Looking forward to it! See you out there.

Hi everybody!!
    Less than a year to go hey Very excited to be slowly getting everything organised... It still feels like a life time away though!!
    My biggest fear is the cold weather and blisters.... :s
    And bears... haha

I was thinking of bringing a simple polaroid camera but I feel weird not bringing one of my DSLRs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Hey Aussie Legs!! Welcome to our steadily growing group :-) Funny how one day it seems so far away and the very next day you wonder if you will be ready in time. In reality though there is plenty of time for us to figure out how we will address each challenge....whether blustery weather, blisters or bears :-) hoping to have the opportunity to meet you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Vagabond ...I understand. The thought of leaving my 7D behind seems like such a waste!! But being practical with regard to the extra weight I will probably try to find something in between. Haven't figured it out yet. Can't wait to see some of your work:-) do you have some accessible online?

Journal Entries

Hi guys!! I will be starting my thru-hike on March 1st like some you! It seams so far away but so close. You all seam like really cool people and I can't wait to meat you guys in person! Woohoo class of 2015!!!

I too will be at ATKO Lady Thru-Hiker, excited to meet you... Hope many of us 15ers go to ATKO so I already have friends starting the trail!

You should wait four days and go to the ATKO with the rest of us, get acquainted...

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dahoyt View Post
    I too will be at ATKO Lady Thru-Hiker, excited to meet you... Hope many of us 15ers go to ATKO so I already have friends starting the trail!
    Yay Dahoyt!! That's exciting news!! I know that you can camp or reserve a room or cabin during the Kick-off. I am planning to reserve a room but will keep an open mind about possibly tenting if the weather's not too fierce. I know that some may see that the same as the approach trail: ie: "what's 8 more miles to 2200" logic. But, I figure no sense in not taking advantage when you can. But we'll see how it plays out. By the way, the Dahoyt = D A Hoyt?? Asking cause I grew up with some Hoyts that moved north when I was young and you are the same age as my kids. So thought maybe ....
    Last edited by 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker; 03-27-2014 at 22:18.

No. Growing up it was spray painted on an underpass in the next town over from me, and I have always obsessed over with word for some reason. So few years ago, had a friend start calling me that when we would go out hiking on the Long Trail, and I decided to keep it as my trail name... Been that was for three years, and since I have yet to meet someone else with the same trail name, and I love it, I'll keep it forever...

Journal Entries

I like it and the story that go with it! hope I will get to see what a Dahoyt looks like come next year :-)

Oh I'm sure you'll get to see what a Dahoyt looks like at Kickoff, I'll probably be the only tall, lanky, New England accented person at Kickoff haha. I'll probably stick of like a sore thumb.

Journal Entries

Okay, so is it just me?? I find that as I read and prepare for next year that I am beginning to look at things in my current day life differently. I find that I am not only looking to lighten the load as I review my gear and plan future purchases but am all of the sudden feeling free to do the same thing in my everyday life. Suddenly I am willing to throw away things I once felt were essential to keep. And looking to minimize and dualize stuff. It really is quite liberating for someone who holds to stuff just in case I might need it someday. (of course I never do) It really sad. Some of this stuff I have lugged through 8 different moves. Man, I should have committed to doing this sooner

Journal Entries

I am so looking forward to that!! I don't know how you're planning things out but I am hoping to do Trail Days too. While I will not allow myself to think this will be the only time I get out and do this I do want to take advantage of all that I can.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++