Default AT&T or Verizon ?

I will be in hiking the ONF portion of the FLorida Trail next week! Which service provides the best converge? I will only carry it for emergency use!
    Thanks

Verizon is best down here in Florida

Images

My husband was involved with locating sites for cell phone towers in the late 90's. Here is what he learned....AT&T spent a ton of money on technology and very little on towers. So they had the iPhone first but it was a lousy phone because they did not have the tower coverage for it. Verizon spent all of their money on towers and thus coverage. We've had both...Verizon is unbeaten in it's coverage. Period. Verizon used to be infamous for not being able to take their phones overseas. No more. We took our iphone to Peru this past June and it worked very well. All I had to do was let Verizon know that we'd be there and they added a data plan for overseas for $25. If we didn't use it we weren't charged for it. No changing SIM cards, no having to buy a disposable phone in the new country...it all went very smoothly. We used to rent global phones from them every time we went overseas but we don't have to do that anymore. We will never give up Verizon.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

A random memory just got triggered. Back in 2003 I was flying and old C172 to Orlando Executive and the radio started to go out around Jacksonville and finally quit somewhere past Daytona. Verizon to the rescue! We called up the tower, explained the situation, and got cleared to cross airspace and land. It was an interesting conversation. To be fair, ATT would have worked too, but I think it would have made a good ad.

Actually in ONF either should be ok. As others have stated Verizon does have better coverage. Sprint has very spotty coverage in ONF. I service computers for The Dept of AG which includes the laptops for the forestry guys and that puts me all around ONF. I carry a Verizon hotspot as well as a Sprint phone. But I have a compadre who carries a ATT phone and doesn't seem to have any issues.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

I have ATT and it's useless in ONF unless you are close to Salt Springs, SR40, or similar.

Images

Verizon I do trail work in the forest & have had no problem.

Mike (Mr. Mean)

aka Kudzu
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mmais68569 View Post
    Verizon I do trail work in the forest & have had no problem.

Mike (Mr. Mean)
    I agree with this.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

++ New Posts ++