WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    As a test try charging your iPhone ( 1amp) on the 2.1 amp iPad charger. You will notice in the case of the iPhone that it charges significantly faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have not seen confirmation on a quick google but what is confirmed is it will not harm the device - which I knew anyway and I have charged my iPhone off of 2.1A chargers, but have not noted the charge time. Actually I had a USB cable that split into 2 and would frequently charge the steripen and iPhone at the same time, each rated for 1A charging.

I know there is a significant difference between charging at 1A and 500mA and want to make sure that you are getting better charge time at 2.1A compared to 1A charging and not comparing it to 500mA charging. Or in other words if the iPhone is truly limited to 1 A charging the 1A and the 2.1A will charge identically, but if you are actually comparing it to 500mA charging the 2.1 A charger will be faster (as it will be charging at 1A, compared to 500mA if the device is charge limited).

I'll give it a try.

Default Wifi and charging regularity

When my daughter thru hiked, we bought three batteries: One was at our house being charged; one in her phone; and the third in the bounce box waiting at the next PO, or on the way back to us. Batteries last at least a week if the phone is only turned on when in use. Worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    10 OZ is a little heavy for that amount of power, mine is 5.2 oz for the same amount of power, though I do wonder if the 10 oz is the total package weight.
    Mine came in today and it's 4.75 ounces.

I quickly scanned this thread topic and thought I read - Wife and charging regularity. Other things came to mind. Never mind.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    As a test try charging your iPhone ( 1amp) on the 2.1 amp iPad charger. You will notice in the case of the iPhone that it charges significantly faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Update, I did use the 2.1 A charger on my iPhone 4, I didn't see any difference over the 1A charger. The 2.1A performed equally as well as the 1A, which is faster then the standard USB charge rate. At least for my phone your method does not work, perhaps for later models it does.

Also I didn't use a iPad charger, just a generic 2.1A one that I got and took during my thru.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++