WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 14 hour layover Atlanta Greyhound

The title says it all. I just realized I have an over night layover in the Atlanta bus station. I arrive at 720pm and my bus for Gainesville leaves at 915am. That's 14 hours. I looked into my options. There is an Amtrak train leaving the downtown train station at 8pm headed to Gainesville ga. Is it possible to get from the bust station to the train station in time? If not I am open to any suggestions .
    Thanks in advance

Call the Hiker Hostel for a shuttle. Go to the nearest MARTA rail station (that's the Atlanta subway). Take the train to the northernmost station. The Hiker Hostel will pick you up there. Spend the night at the hostel and they will take you to start the trail the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    Call the Hiker Hostel for a shuttle. Go to the nearest MARTA rail station (that's the Atlanta subway). Take the train to the northernmost station. The Hiker Hostel will pick you up there. Spend the night at the hostel and they will take you to start the trail the next morning.
    Thank you Forrest but the hostel is full that night. I have a ride from Gainesville to springer.

Martastation is literally next to greyhound. You do NOT want to stay there overnight. No, that is not enough time. Follow forests advice, far far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Ape View Post
    Martastation is literally next to greyhound. You do NOT want to stay there overnight. No, that is not enough time. Follow forests advice, far far better.
    I agree it is a terrible neighborhood hence why I am open to options. Unfortunately Forrest option is not a viable one since Hiker Hostel is full.

Make sure you catch the red line north springs

What date are you going through? Maybe you can coordinate with someone on here.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I found a ride. Please close this thread.

++ New Posts ++