WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Record Attempt

I'm almost 61, 50 lbs overweight, but I.m going to start training, but with Budda's help, I'm going to be the first man to walk to the moon. And if things go well I'll go to mars.

Quote Originally Posted by mad4scrapping View Post
    I agree. I'm afraid the AT is going to look like Disneyland by the time I can do a thru hike.
    Not to worry, there is still plenty of solitude to be found on the AT. Just don't travel with the crowd.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Well, it looks like Drew is about to start his record attempt. Here's a link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Runningdrew

I wonder how far he'll get?
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Well, it looks like Drew is about to start his record attempt. Here's a link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Runningdrew

I wonder how far he'll get?
    he might make it through maine.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    he might make it through maine.......
    but he might make it all the way. he WILL NOT break the record though. won't even come close

I agree with LW he and his crew has no trail experience, their is no way he will break the record, but he will finish, what i think will happen is that he will get a couple of hundred miles up the trail and decide that the trail is a little more rigorous than he thought then he will forget about the running strategy and lean more towards a Traditional Thru-Hike, I say it will take him 80-100 days to do the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    I agree with LW he and his crew has no trail experience, their is no way he will break the record, but he will finish, what i think will happen is that he will get a couple of hundred miles up the trail and decide that the trail is a little more rigorous than he thought then he will forget about the running strategy and lean more towards a Traditional Thru-Hike, I say it will take him 80-100 days to do the trail.
    Alrighty RED-DOG, since you kicked it off, and I'm coming off this past weekend big win (California Chrome, had him showin...near enough)...
    I'll say

64 days 11 hrs. and 34min
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 06-09-2014 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Good luck.

There are people who try and fail and there are people who talk about people who try and fail. I'd rather be a tryer than a talker.

Not slamming anyone - just saying.
    Big fan of this quote-

If he does happen to have the fella that owns the place on his crew who knows...
    Facebook link is bad or busy,
    Best of luck to the fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    sometimes it's not just walkin'
    That's my line Pappy

Less than an hour away from me and I have to learn about it here on WB. Just no chance at the record but I'd bet he finishes it.

Images

I heard a rumor that he was going to go light on food and heavy UP on Chic Filet on Sundays

Who wants to tell him that that are CLOSED on Sundays?

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    I'm almost 61, 50 lbs overweight, but I.m going to start training, but with Budda's help, I'm going to be the first man to walk to the moon. And if things go well I'll go to mars.
    LOL! Maybe you can get the speed record for the Eightfold Path

Looks like his 1970s era RV broke down. At least he didn't claim somebody broke into it in the middle of the night, drug him out of it, and beat him up.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

he's gonna start over. he thinks the 100 mile "wilderness" is tough

Looks like he did the 100MW (in 2 days, I think - just reading between the lines), came off trail to take care of the vehicle problems, and will start over again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    Looks like his 1970s era RV broke down. At least he didn't claim somebody broke into it in the middle of the night, drug him out of it, and beat him up.
    oh your bad Fred Mugs, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    Bummer, to have both vehicles break down at the same time. Just as well I guess, the last couple of days have been cold and rainy which would make the trail really slick to try and run on. Nothing like wet rocks and roots to make you fall down a lot.

One more thing. The trail is even harder than I thought it would be.
    We could have told you that and you haven't even gotten to the really hard part yet. The HMW is actually pretty tame in comparison to central and southern Maine.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

HMW in two days has already been done -- couple of youngsters were doing that during my last time through. I kept running into their "support team" which appeared to be the mom of one of the two. She'd be there at trailheads with her station wagon and coolers behind it... never offered me anything...

What is this crap about giving money to Ugandans?
    There are Americans who are badly in need of your help. How can you neglect your own people?
    I'm sure that the Ugandans are fine folks and are needy, but let Uganda help the Ugandans, it's their job not yours.
    Be a Patriot and keep our dollars in our own country, to help our own people.

Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc View Post
    What is this crap about giving money to Ugandans?
    There are Americans who are badly in need of your help. How can you neglect your own people?
    I'm sure that the Ugandans are fine folks and are needy, but let Uganda help the Ugandans, it's their job not yours.
    Be a Patriot and keep our dollars in our own country, to help our own people.
    folks is folks. they need help

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++