WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    Just a note for those that can fit their cannister inside their pot...if I don't use some sort of padding inside my Titan pot, the noise of the gas cannister inside of the pot due to shaking will drive me nuts in no time.
    I had that problem myself. Using a SnowPeak 600 mug for my pot helps. Plus, keeping the pot in the bear bag, literally in the middle of several food sacks, and (literally) cramming my pack full of gear in a random mish-mash has greatly minimized the sound.
    "We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." -- Nicodemus

I store my meths stove in my put all the time, so far no problems but my stove burns dry to go out (pop can stove)
    do I need to stop carrying stove in pot ????

I put my canister, Soto stove, and spoon inside my .9 pot. I have a very light cloth I use for padding and cleaning up. Works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginocasanova View Post
    Hello, I have Snowpeak Gigapower canister stove. What is the best way to pack it? I have seen some people keep the stove and canister connected and pack it together in a cook kit; I have seen others pack the stove and canister separate, and reconnect every time they use it. For those that travel with a canister stoves how do you pack it? Thank you for your replies.
    I reconnect every time I use it, and disconnect after use.
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by david_1 View Post
    I store my meths stove in my put all the time, so far no problems but my stove burns dry to go out (pop can stove)
    do I need to stop carrying stove in pot ????
    To avoid legal trouble in the US, I would avoid speaking of any of your gear as "meth" or "meths". That word is typically used for crystal methamphetamine.

I always stored it in my Snow Peak Mini Solo Ti pot wrapped up in a ditty cloth with a 4 oz canister, 20 ft of UL Kelty Triptease bear bagging cord, foldable REI Ti spork, and a mini Bic. Maybe, cramming in an extra pr of clean socks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++