WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hey thanks for the recipe link for the trailbar.......I'm going to try that this weekend!!!!

Thank you all for sharing what you do. I will either do the above or get some granola bars...... something cheap!!!!

Floyd

forgot to ask, how long does the home made trail bar stay good?

Quote Originally Posted by misterfloyd View Post
    forgot to ask, how long does the home made trail bar stay good?
    They freeze well. Try putting two or three in a ziplock so you have a stash ready to go. I bet they will last a couple of months in the freezer.

Michael

Breakfast: poptarts, cheeses, carnation instant breakfast with Nido powder, breakfast bars, dehydrated meals (like Mountain House)
    Lunch: nothing, just nibble on gorp, candy, cheeses, snacks all day; don't have to waste time with a big stop

Hey thanks for the recipe link for the trailbar.......I'm going to try that this weekend!!!!

Thank you all for sharing what you do. I will either do the above or get some granola bars...... something cheap!!!!

Floyd
    Forgot to add: You can use different nuts--I have used almonds and pecans--they are all good. For more calories, add a little bit of peanut butter.

Images

Breakfast Fiber one bar & an Oatmeal to go bar. I skip lunch just eat snacks.

Mike (Mr. Mean)

SoCal Mike,

I made the bars that you shared with us.........Man They Rock ! Easy to make and if you love oatmeal like I do they are great tasting as well. Got the first batch in the freezer.

Sorry if I asked this question before how long do they last a room temp in a sealed bag? I'm going to be sending resupply boxes to my self and do want a nice shade of green on them.

Thanks again for sharing

Best,
    Floyd

What do most of u pack peanut butter in?? Buying Justin's gets pricy. what about jelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    What do most of u pack peanut butter in?? Buying Justin's gets pricy. what about jelly?
    I like the smaller size jar of Jif or similar. I think it's 8oz of PB? Honestly, the little packets or tubs are just not enough unless you bring a ton of them.

I have brought the large squirt bottles of strawberry jam on the trail.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Breakfast is cereal and dried milk - usually raisin bran and/or granola with added dried fruit.

Lunch is usually English muffins with cheese and/or ham/turkey/beef (Buddig packets) or tuna. Plus cookies and chocolate or dried fruit. Koolaid or crystal light to drink.

I also sometimes do peanut butter, but DH doesn't eat nuts at all, so usually we do cheese instead. Our GORP has chocolate chips and raisins, but no nuts.

I really enjoyed nutella mixed with coconut oil on tortillas last week. The 'koka moka' Pro Bar was also a good start for the day.

SoCal Mike,

I made the bars that you shared with us.........Man They Rock ! Easy to make and if you love oatmeal like I do they are great tasting as well. Got the first batch in the freezer.

Sorry if I asked this question before how long do they last a room temp in a sealed bag? I'm going to be sending resupply boxes to my self and do want a nice shade of green on them.

Thanks again for sharing

Best,
    Floyd
    Glad you like them. The praise goes to Sarah who shared the recipe in the link I provided. She's awesome. You didn't ask that one--you asked about freezing. Not sure how long they would last at room temp, to be honest. If you could vacuum seal them, I imagine they would last a bit longer. You might want to contact Sarah directly; she's always been responsive.

Michael (SoCal Mike)

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have used the individual cup servings of Jif for basic lunches or just small Tupperware containers.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++