WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: AT Book swap

Default AT Book swap

Hello all! This is sort of a re-post from the 2015 thread but I thought I'd share it here too.

I was wondering if anyone had any books about the AT that they have read and would be willing to donate/trade/sell to a prospective thru-hiker such as myself. I'm trying to save up for this adventure, and I thought I'd reach out to you lovely people in the community before I went the purchase/amazon option.

Specific books I was looking for (recommended by a 2012 thru-hiker friend) are:
    Appalachian Trials
    A Walk in the Woods
    Becoming Odyssa
    AWOL on the AT

Any other ones offered would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
    Molly

Images

Go check them out at the local library. Sometimes they have them. I had a couple of these books but donated them to the library so others could enjoy.

Unfortunately I don't live in an area with a library. Also these books don't appear to be on any book trading sites

Just kidding here, but you live on Catalina Island. I will loan you all my books and all my gear so you can do a four or five month walk and I will live in your house, tent, cottage, bush, or whatever on Catalina Island for said amount of time.
    I will even throw in some resupply if you got a boat and a kayak.
    Have a great hike Molly.
    Rolls
    Last edited by Rolls Kanardly; 05-08-2014 at 12:40.
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

Molly, check your PM's from yesterday. Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

i have "A Walk In The Woods" that i would like to trade
    Doing What You Like Is Freedom , Liking What You Do Is Happiness

Serial Hiker
    Images

Have you read "Then the Hail Came"? It's an excellent, free online book.
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

I have Becoming Odyssa and probably won't read it again. I'm heading out on a trip soon, though, so would need your address pretty quickly. PM me if you still want it.

I just spent a long, boring day at work, cutting pasting and formatting "Then the hail Came" into mobi format (for kindle). Building up a library for my SoBo attempt starting in July If anyone want one for their kindle, PM me here with a real email address. - Tom K

Add "Called Again" to the list. After reading it, you will think for a long time before picking up a cell phone and calling 911.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

++ New Posts ++