WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Not much of a stove nerd, but my understanding is yes- provided the flame spread doesn't spill over the sides of your pot too much.
    If the flame spills over the side it's mostly wasted heat, and in that case you are better turning it down to match your pot.
    The Olicamp has a very tight flame spread even at full blast.

I'm sure there's way more to it but that was my layman's understanding of the process.
    That and short and wide beats tall and narrow, you know, the old girth versus length debate.
    Flames spilling over the side of your pot ain't all that bad, read all about it in this thread:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...09#post1892609

NOOOOOOO! Eleven page stove nerd thread, don't make me read it in sick fascination (I probably will and hate myself for it).

LOL, regarding the canister stoves though- I thought that was the final call from the BPL boys- as high as you can without spilling the flame.

You alchy sicko's can make anything work, which I say of course with the utmost respect and politeness I reserve for any mentally ill people I encounter.

Although this stove isn't really spilling the flame- it is quite creatively using the pot wall (and little ridge) to transfer all the heat of the small flame- pretty cool.
    I have a bucket of homemade ones sitting at home too- but one day I caught myself pouring a beer out in order to make a stove out of it and realized that I had a problem.
    With the help of Esbit I have recovered, since that day I haven't spilled a drop of beer, not even when scrubbing esbit crud off the bottom of my pots.

My Xcelerator Ultra Titanium (the "ultra" makes it twice as fast) came in today. Stove alone but in its net bag 120 grams. 104 without the bag. The XT pot 218 grams with lid, 190 witout. The Xcelerator Wil not fit in the pot recess on the bottom even with the supports folded in. Just a fraction too big. That may be solvable thiugh.
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

Images

There are ways of storing your canister stove attached to the canister. Use a caddy available at TrailDesigns.com

Watch the video and see how easy it is. Want your food fast in the evenings when you're exhausted? This kit is what you need:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++