Default Wanted: Experienced Female companion - from Mt. Katahdin south to Delaware Water Gap

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am a 6000+ miler on the Appalachian Trail. I am 67 and I hike between 2-3 miles per hour.

Beginning later this month I plan to hike south from Mt. Katahdin, Maine, the northern terminus of the A.T. then continue to Delaware Water Gap. A distance of appx 900 miles.

I am a serious hiker looking for a serious female hiking companion who loves the Trail- not the towns; the stars - not the bars. I hike between 15-20 miles per day depending on the terrain. In Maine and the Whites I may decrease to 10 -12 miles per day.

My Hiking History:
    1. 2175 miles. I did a 10 yr section hike finishing at Katahdin (with my husband) from 1988 to 1998 ( A Job kept me from thru-hiking )

2. 700 miles. Took early retirement, and began a thru-hike in 2007 (with my husband) and made it to Catawba, VA when I got a call from my mother. She had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I left the
    Trail to care for her.

3. 2176 miles. In 2008 I hiked (with my husband) from Springer Mt. Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine.

I want to close the 2007 hike this year. I've already hiked alone from Catawba, VA all the way to the New Jersey-PA state line.

I now have about 900 miles to finish the trail for the third time and would like to have a companion to share the fun.

If you love to hike I would be glad to hike with you from Katahdin to Pennsylvania. It will be fun.

I HIKE: THEREFORE I AM SLIM (of Bogey and Slim ) check our journeys on Trail Journals.com

Contact me at: [email protected]

Looking for a few female companions or just one to hike with from New Jersey to Mt Katahdin starting in June or July. Very Flexible.
    Nancy aka Slim

I will be hiking Katahdin on Sunday August 9 and then head south close to Andover ME.
    You are welcome to join me.

Susan Kettles "Iris"

Susan, just so you're not waiting for an answer that was posted in 2014.

I have to stifle a giggle everytime I see the thread title "Wanted: Experienced Woman...."

Quote Originally Posted by wannahike View Post
    Susan, just so you're not waiting for an answer that was posted in 2014.

I wonder if she ever found someone..

++ New Posts ++