WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: Who Wears Toesocks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Not sure if I would like them. I hate flip flops due to having something between my toes.

Would be willing to try them but my second toes is a good knuckle longer than my big toes. They don't appear that they will fit well (for my monkey feet).

Section Hiker

Here's where I have been buying mine: http://www.footsmart.com/. Nice retail website for all things foot-issues including shoes that make for happy feet! Discount if you order 3 or more pair. And with my recent order of 2 Injinji toe socks and 2 Injinji liners, they threw in an extra pair of (differently sized) socks to give away. My Aunt is now in love with them. My son wore mine and is begging me for more.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Yup, we wear 'em, they've actually just sponsored us. Durability is good, got nearly 1000 miles on a pair. We wrote about them here: unboundroutes.com
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

I love the injinji wool toe socks. I use them as every day wear.

After so much talk about them here, I got some and used them on my shakedown hikes. They functioned as advertised. No blisters.

They are essential gear for my thru. Two toes up!
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    Not sure if I would like them. I hate flip flops due to having something between my toes.

Would be willing to try them but my second toes is a good knuckle longer than my big toes. They don't appear that they will fit well (for my monkey feet).
    I asked this same question earlier on this tread or similar and nobody responded. So, I got a pair of them and tried them on two day hikes. My experience was that they fit my toes fine in spite of second toe being longer. But, my little toe on both feet kept coming out. Had wet feet both trips so unsure if this contributed to the situation.... I intend on using them a couple more times but my initial assessment is that they aren't going to be standard attire.

Would add that I used them by themselves and not as a two sock combination as I never use a liner sock.
    Last edited by lonehiker; 11-21-2014 at 19:05.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

Images

Injinji toe socks under smartwool socks. It seems to work well for me.

Are they difficult to put on?

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    Are they difficult to put on?
    Once you get used to them, they are no more difficult to put on than socks without toes.

I buy mine on eBay for around $1.50 a pair including shipping. I wear out a lot of them, but at that price who cares?
    Shutterbug

Well they still look funny. But I guess i look kinda funny anyways, so It will be okay.

I bought a pair today, I like the way my toes feel spread in a more natural position. Just maybe my Planter's Fasciitis feels a little better too.
    I asked the clerk to help me find them, and he handed me a pair made of Coolmax, I bought them, but I think I would prefer wool.

So my liner sock question is, Will Coolmax against wool slide more than wool against wool.
    Also I have an issue with athletes foot every once in a while, I think the toe socks should help a lot with that.
    Right now happy feet.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post

Swisscross, I thought the same thing...I HATE flip flops, but I don't even notice the fabric between my toes. Most of all, I have not had a single blister since I started wearing them, and I had more than my share before.

Anyone else's feet feel a LOT colder with toe socks?

I have not had that issue. Two things come to mind though. One is that the fabric may be significantly thinner than whatever you were using before as most toe socks are designed for running. The second is a question - any chance your new socks are slightly too small and constructing blood flow?

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I have not had that issue. Two things come to mind though. One is that the fabric may be significantly thinner than whatever you were using before as most toe socks are designed for running. The second is a question - any chance your new socks are slightly too small and constructing blood flow?
    Good bit of logical, lateral thinking there.

I have thinner socks that keep my feet warmer, so i'm certain it's not that.
    The socks certainly don't feel tight, plus it's my entire foot that's colder rather than just the toes.

I've just changed my socks now as my feet were cold in the injinji's, put on a thin pair of i guess you'd call dress socks and they're fine now

My thinking is that with normal socks each toe is warming itself but also providing warmth for the toe next to it, with the toe socks you're not getting that as much.

It's odd, i just wondered if it's just me

Dogtra - just curious why you want to hike bare foot. As humans we have been wrapping our feet in furs or such to protect them from cold, trauma, etc for many many millenia. There's mud, sticks, sharp rocks, thorns, etc. out there to cause you trouble.
    And yes! I do have an attitude problem caused by a foot problem.

At home I have to put on my crocs to walk around the house, like to the bathroom at night, I can't do bare foot. But such is life!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
    Anyone else's feet feel a LOT colder with toe socks?
    yes - much cooler
    Biggie

Just got my first pair. Loving them so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
    Good bit of logical, lateral thinking there.

My thinking is that with normal socks each toe is warming itself but also providing warmth for the toe next to it, with the toe socks you're not getting that as much
    Like mittens, toes/fingers are warmer together.
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++