WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Walkin Jim Stoltz

For those living anywhere near midcoast Maine, Walkin Jim, an AT thru hiker who has hiked 26,000 wilderness miles, presents his unique slides and music at the Lincoln Theatre in Damariscotta, Maine this evening (Oct. 22) at 7:30.

One reviewer praised his show this way:

"He gives a presentation that is more than music. The songs he sings are all his own original music and while he sings them (mostly in the dark) he has a timed slide presentation going on that displays his own fabulous pictures from the wilderness areas he has hiked through all over the country. The pictures are timed so that the lyrics coordinate stunningly with the visual images. I don't know if he's a better musician, photographer, or lyricist. I sometimes think his sensitivity with words as a poet is incredible.

He is a true advocate for wilderness values and really affects his audience, if one has any sensitivity to nature and the outdoors. The first time I had him here, I was struck by an adult male coming up to him afterwards and telling of the tears he had during, and as a result of his presentation.

He is asked back again and again by various national outdoor and environmental groups for their annual meetings. To my knowledge, there is no one in the country doing exactly what 'Jim' does, in his combination of original poetry, music and photographs in the service of wilderness advocacy."

Damariscotta is located on Route 1 around 35 miles or so east of the Interstate at Brunswick. If I remember rightly, tickets are $10. I just called the sponsoring land trust in that area. They no longer are taking reservations, but said tickets will be available at the door.

Weary

He'll be in the Washington DC area (Bethesda) next Friday. It will be a group concert (MUSE), not just him. We plan to go.

++ New Posts ++