WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Dang... does that mean I should sell my polyester leisure suit and purple velvet fedora hiking outfit in favor of that high end social fashion?
    yeah, don't you know dudes are not in style any more unless they hike in a dress

-

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Anyone carrying a gun that can be seen by others is subject to being considered creepy even by us other licensed not so creepy gun owners.Big knives not so much as the person may not know that a Mora knife is plenty adequate for most any task in the woods.Visible firearms are enough to creep out most anybody!
    how about if my biceps are considered "guns" do I need to cover them up so as not to violate your tender feelings

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

North of Waynesboro, a friend and I ran into a gross and insane woman in a see thru fishnet dress who claimed she was on the last thru hike for her Triple Crown. She came racing downwhill, threw her pack on the ground and said it was the toughest elevation she's ever dealt with. She proceeded to squat down legs wide apart in the creek, upstream from where I was filling my water bottle, and started splashing water directly onto her private parts (yes I stopped getting water immediately and had to go without for another 2 miles.) She then rambled on about looking like Madonna, so we left.

Creep? I dunno. Absolute nutcase? Oh for sure.

Images

If you don't know what make a creepy person creepy you may be one yourself.......just saying

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Any snl fans?
    https://youtu.be/tLPZmPaHme0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess everyone has their own definition or feeling of what make a creep a creep. A big one for me is when a guy talks to your boobs and not your face. Um hello, my eyes are up here. I do a lot of running and had a guy make 3 u turns in his car to follow me, that definitely creeped me out, i started sending the car description and license to a friend via text just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbur96 View Post
    I guess everyone has their own definition or feeling of what make a creep a creep. A big one for me is when a guy talks to your boobs and not your face. Um hello, my eyes are up here. I do a lot of running and had a guy make 3 u turns in his car to follow me, that definitely creeped me out, i started sending the car description and license to a friend via text just in case.
    Boobs...what were you saying?

Ok, I kid...a little. Men look at pretty women. Turning around in a car to look at/follow one is creepy. And you know, ypu miss looking at all the pretty women ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Boobs...what were you saying?

Ok, I kid...a little. Men look at pretty women. Turning around in a car to look at/follow one is creepy. And you know, ypu miss looking at all the pretty women ahead of you.
    I get that men look, and a quick glance not a problem. I'd be lying if I didn't steal a glance at a well built man, but staring becomes and invasion of privacy.

Staring is creepy...and the drool

What makes a creepy person?

Asking such a question sounds creepy.

Luggage? On the PCT?

[QUOTE=George;2039124]how about if my biceps are considered "guns" do I need to cover them up so as not to violate your tender feelings[/QUOTE

No,my point is that as a CCW permit holder I would not let anyone see my weapon(assuming I was carrying it) but I am creeped out by anyone carrying outside their pants like Pancho Villa.A gentleman does not intimidate anyone with a visible weapon.That is what creeps and/or jerks do.

[QUOTE=Five Tango;2039207]
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    how about if my biceps are considered "guns" do I need to cover them up so as not to violate your tender feelings[/QUOTE

No,my point is that as a CCW permit holder I would not let anyone see my weapon(assuming I was carrying it) but I am creeped out by anyone carrying outside their pants like Pancho Villa.A gentleman does not intimidate anyone with a visible weapon.That is what creeps and/or jerks do.
    Why would anyone feel intimidated by the open carry of a firearm? Such a silly sentiment.

I would say a creep is anyone who treats another person like a thing instead of like a person.

A creep might look at a girl (or a guy) like a piece of meat or a toy. A creep might make comments about a person (specifically about their body) as if the subject of the remarks was not present or capable of hearing and understanding. And a creep might deliberately make other people feel unsafe or powerless for their own entertainment. Non-creepy people don't behave this way toward other humans.

I interned for a while with a baseball team in Dominican Republic and I got used to a lot of staring because I was outnumbered by dudes by about 30:1, and I was also young and foreign. And to me there was always a clear distinction between the guys looking because they just don't have a lot of opportunities to check out women, and the guys who I would have been afraid to encounter alone. The first group, if they saw I had noticed them staring, would either be slightly embarrassed and look away, or they would start an actual conversation with me. The second group, if they saw that I had noticed them, would keep staring. I recall two men in particular that made me so uncomfortable. If they saw that I had noticed them, they would proceed to look me up and down and make audible comments about the different parts of my body to each other. When they looked at me, I felt like... prey. It was very creepy. Don't be like those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    North of Waynesboro, a friend and I ran into a gross and insane woman in a see thru fishnet dress who claimed she was on the last thru hike for her Triple Crown. She came racing downwhill, threw her pack on the ground and said it was the toughest elevation she's ever dealt with. She proceeded to squat down legs wide apart in the creek, upstream from where I was filling my water bottle, and started splashing water directly onto her private parts (yes I stopped getting water immediately and had to go without for another 2 miles.) She then rambled on about looking like Madonna, so we left.

Creep? I dunno. Absolute nutcase? Oh for sure.
    We were in Waterton Lakes NP going to hike the Crypt Lake Trail and you had take a ferry boat to reach the trail head. A stunningly beautiful woman with an amazing figure boarded the boat in a bikini. She hiked the trail wearing the bikini and boots carrying a water bottle and had no pack. Lucky the weather was good and stayed good or hypothermia would have been a real possibility. Creepy? No. Nutcase? Yes.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

[QUOTE=egilbe;2039231]
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post

Why would anyone feel intimidated by the open carry of a firearm? Such a silly sentiment.
    I support your right to carry it as I have a license and carry frequently.I do not understand you desire to "show it off to strangers"
    as some people consider that to be a form of intimidation.If you are a hunter with a long rifle or shotgun,then it's not an issue.

There is no open carry on the AT and the reason it's called consealed carry (where it is allowed) is becuase its supposed to be carried consealed. One reason it is consealed is because if it is not, it becomes vulnerable to theft and is no longer in the procession of the intended supposed qualified person.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    There is no open carry on the AT and the reason it's called consealed carry (where it is allowed) is becuase its supposed to be carried consealed. One reason it is consealed is because if it is not, it becomes vulnerable to theft and is no longer in the procession of the intended supposed qualified person.
    Open carry is perfectly legal on the A.T. in a number of jurisdictions.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Open carry is perfectly legal on the A.T. in a number of jurisdictions.
    Well so is Farting in elevators.Is it polite or socially acceptable?It's legal!Anybody that can't conceal their weapons should really do some research and not come off like Rambo or some B grade cowboy movie actor.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
++ New Posts ++