Default Looking for Section Hikers next June

I'm a 59 yo female novice hiker...but in good shape. I'm hiking from Springer Mt to Damascus. I want to start on or about 6/1/15. My sister plans to start with me but will probably only stay a couple weeks. Any women out there interested in joining us?

Quote Originally Posted by FLoridaGirl View Post
    I'm a 59 yo female novice hiker...but in good shape. I'm hiking from Springer Mt to Damascus. I want to start on or about 6/1/15. My sister plans to start with me but will probably only stay a couple weeks. Any women out there interested in joining us?
    Hi! My name is Ally. I am planning to start out from Springer in early June myself. I'm an elementary school teacher, so I have to wait until school is out for the year.
    I'm pretty inexperienced but I have been reading, researching, and taking training classes this year in preparation for the hike of my life...begin in June and go as far and as long as I can before winter sets in. I'm at a fork in my life with nothing holding me back other than fear of failure.

Though I'm looking for some solo time on the trail, I would be much more comfortable starting out with someone else.

Images

Would love to join up and get 2 weeks on the AT northbound, but not available until July. Divorced mom with school and kids' summer camp schedules dictating departure date. Flexible on starting point. Preferably north of Fontana, NC.

Section Hiker

I'll be spending a week or two in June probably on the trail between Winding Stair Gap and maybe as far north as Hot Springs. Hope to run into you! Have a great hike!

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

That sounds great! Good for you! I'm retiring at the end of this month and like you am at a crossroads...this is something I've wanted to do for a long time...email me at [email protected] and we'll discuss further! I look forward to hearing from you...

Ally or any others who want to try to join up even later on email [email protected]...

June is the earliest I can start but much later than I want to. I'm setting out then, but hopefully we will run across one another at some point.

OOps! I don't see how to edit that last post. I thought I was responding to someone who said they weren't starting out until July.
    Yes, FL! I would love to start out together!

Hi I am 58 and am a novice also, would like to join you on the trail in June, could you please send info My name is Mary

HI , am from Florida too, I am also a novice but would concider hike. 6/1/15 would be good, and would you say about 2 months for the hike? Mary

Maybe a whole group of us could start out together! I eventually want to hike on my own, but starting out with others would be a huge comfort to this newbie!

Mary...email [email protected]. The more the merrier!!

I am an extreme newbie at a beginner level. I love hiking, camping, and new adventures. I want to do a hike for a couple weeks in July and definitely with a partner. I don't want to slow anyone down so if someone at a beginner level is interested feel free to contact me on here or email me at [email protected]

When in June are you planning on leaving?

I'm starting in early June too and going at least to Damascus! Fairly novice as well. I'd like to spend solo time but I know my family would be happy knowing I'm at least around other people.

Where are people leaving from in June? I am interested in joining if you have room for another!

I will be section hiking in June (the later half). The section depends on whether my friend will be continuing on with me.
    We will either continue North from Palmerton, PA for 100-120 miles.... OR
    On my own, I will complete 100-120 miles south of Waynesboro, VA, OR -

I could complete the Roller Coaster (Front Royal to Harpers Ferry) PLUS ANOTHER 50 miles from one of the options above!

My goal is to complete 100-120 miles.. I hike anywhere from 8-20 miles per day.... but I am rather slow - and old! I don't mind being on my own or chatting with others... AND - I have all my own gear...
    If any of these hikes interest you, let me know. I plan to get it settled by May.... No matter what happens, you are welcome to hike with us or perhaps, just ride/shuttle with us...

++ New Posts ++