WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Went to Amazon to check the original - did NOT see this one after MANY styles, colors, etc. I LIKE this one !!!
    I thought people here would like this one, they even have one for the Continental Divide Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. i wonder how many would actually use the map if they got lost?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1974 View Post
    I thought people here would like this one, they even have one for the Continental Divide Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. i wonder how many would actually use the map if they got lost?
    I have my maps and AT Guide for that, but I like the pattern. Ordered two from the Buff store. If they are good, I'll keep them.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Journal Entries

I dont find that much utility in a buff, but I dont have a bald head.
    I find the regular ones are too tight, unless you are a 12 yr old kid or small woman
    The XL ones are "almost" OK. Still a hair too tight for face/head sun protection that they are marketed for IMO.
    The only use I can really see is as a thin cap

I usually keep a bandana around my neck, to wipe my face, snot, etc. A buff it simply uncomfortably tight to keep there.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I find the regular ones are too tight, unless you are a 12 yr old kid or small woman
    The XL ones are "almost" OK.
    Bullcrap. I wear a 7 1/2-7 3/4, as in L-XL in headgear, have a 17+" neck, and have bought 15 regularly sized original and UV Buffs over a period of 5 years. The regular Buff is more than big enough for me, and will easily fit the vast majority of adults

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Went to Amazon to check the original - did NOT see this one after MANY styles, colors, etc. I LIKE this one !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenM View Post
    Bullcrap. I wear a 7 1/2-7 3/4, as in L-XL in headgear, have a 17+" neck, and have bought 15 regularly sized original and UV Buffs over a period of 5 years. The regular Buff is more than big enough for me, and will easily fit the vast majority of adults
    I fail to see what your large head has to do with what anyone else says they find comfortable. Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.

Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.

'Course most small women are probably a lot bigger than I am

Ill keep an eye out thanks.

Walgreens in Jasper, Ga has them. Note - they are not near the regular cotton bandannas. They were closer to the front of the store.

I fail to see what your large head has to do with what anyone else says they find comfortable. Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.
    I use these for wind protection on cold days. I like these a lot better than balaclavas and other wraps that are uncomfortable or cause a great deal of moisture to build up. if you set it up right, it does a good job in shielding my entire face from a wind.

My wife and I got Buffs (original name brand Buff) for free in the survivor's gift bag we got for walking in the Komen race for the cure this fall. Proud to wear a girly pink buff for my wife (13.5 year survivor as of this month).

Images

Got my two AT Buffs in the adult large size - too small for me. Was tight under the chin - seemed too thin for what I envisioned.

Oh, well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Back they go. I'll stick with my fleece hood and a bandana.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

The Walgreens in Jasper, Ga had a fully stocked display rack close to the front of the store. (they are not near the regular bandanas).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtra View Post
    I love buffs too but I'm not sure if I would rush off to buy a $1 knockoff. There are consequences to underselling.
    I too like my buffs.
    I just noticed that they raised their prices on the wool ones 10 percent. WOW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++