Thread: I'm sorry

Default I'm sorry

Wow, I'm not sure why my thread about guns was closed so abruptly. I actually did use the "search" feature briefly with inconsistent results.
    My apologies for bringing up a taboo subject.

Its not taboo at all, alot of folks just have their strong feelings. It comes down to this, hike your own hike. If you feel safer witha pistol and are educated in safety and can legally carry a gun then you should. I personally dont as much as go get a loaf of bread without one in my wasteband, its legal and I have a right to. I would say that if you do choose to carry, conceal it. No one needs to know you have it and I would keep it in the brain of my pack, or in the side where a water bottle goes. I would know the state laws that do not permit carrying a pistol and when you visit those states, leave it at home and just dont hike alone.

As far as your original question: I would say there are more pistols on the trail then you would expect.

I see you havent posted here on whiteblaze alot so welcome! And as an early disclaimer do not take any comments personally, they are only opinions lol
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Thanks.
    An advanced search has turned up a plethora of discussion. The three stands I searched last night on the topic were all over the place.

I've been researching and reading about this "plan" to hike for two years now, and suddenly my life has presented me with that perfect "fork in the road" opportunity as of June, 2015. Preparations are getting serious now.

"Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++