Default Looking for a hiking partner 2015

Hi, my name is Clare. I am planning to thru- hike the AT NOBO beginning late February 2015, but my dates are pretty flexible.
    I am a 22 year old woman, who has spent a lot of time hiking and camping.
    The AT has always been one of my aspirations; and, as I have just graduated college, I believe now is the time to set to work making that dream a reality.
    For the comfort of my family and friends, I am looking for a female hiking companion or group. Someone to share camp with at the end of the day, and hopefully, someone to share stories with.

Please note, I am planning to hike with my dog as well, Martha. She is a Parson's Russell Terrier. A competent hiker in her own right. We are both easy-going, b-types. However, if you aren't a dog person, I don't want to inflict us upon you.

Feel free to comment or privet message me, if you are interested.
    See you on the trail!

*private message

Well hey! I want to leave late February, too!

Hi Clare,
    My name is Letizia, I am 45 years old, I am thinking about thru hiking the AT. I would ideally start late February early March. I am very easy going, at least I think so, I am fit, never held anyone back, I love dogs, I have an English Springer Spaniel who will stay home though, I am a mother of three girls (16, 14 and 9) and my very supportive husband would be very happy if I had a female partner to hike with. I have zero experience camping. I have only done intensive day hikes. I love hiking.

Hi my name is Izzy and I am 18 years old and from England. I am taking a year out before university and I really want to hike the Appalachian Trail and have wanted to for ages now - but this year is the first where it has become a reality that I might actually be able to do it!
    I have been on various hiking and camping trips in the different mountainous/hilly areas of Britain but never for longer than a week. However I am fit and I have a positive outlook and determination which should hopefully get me through. I am also quite mature for my age and think that I would be an easy going companion.
    Of course, my parents will be a lot more comfortable if I am to go with someone else especially as it is far from home in another country so I am also looking for a partner or group.
    I would be looking to start in early March as I realistically need to work through February to have the funds to complete the hike.
    I love dogs and would love to hike with someone who has one, especially as I don't have one at home due to my dad's allergies.
    Private message me if you (or any other women) are interested in a hiking partner to meet at shelters/camp and to share hitchhiking rides with.
    Happy hiking!

I'm planning to leave sometime in March. I'm 23 and a bit of an introvert but I'm hoping to ease my parents' minds as well by finding someone to start off with/camp/hitch with. I've camped all my life and I have some backpacking experience..I've never been out for more than a weeks time though. I'm in pretty good shape (within these next couple months I hope to be in even better shape) but I still want to take the first leg of the trip sort of slow and not over do it.

Hello! My name is Dakota and I am planning on leaving in early April, when the snow has finally (hopefully) melted. I am 22, and have a lot of hiking experience, but have somewhat moderate experience when it comes to backpacking. I played soccer through college, so I am pretty in shape and walk fast. The AT has been a dream of mine since I was in high school, and now that I have finally graduated college I luckily have the freedom to hike it! Message me if anyone is interested in partnering up! Dogs welcome, always. If not, see you on the trail!

Registered User aboveallelsesky's Avatar
    Images

Hi! I have pinned down a date just yet, but I plan on leaving in March of 2015. As time passes and we get closer to that date, I will happily link up with anyone. I agree, my parents would also be psyched if I made a few contacts prior to starting next year. Dogs are always welcome!

Images

sorry, I haven't pinned down a date yet....

Images

Honestly, everything about my post is pretty inaccurate........I'm leaving March 2016........thank goodness it's Friday....

I am leaving early April from mid Virginia. If u want to do a flip let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Clare, my name is Lindsey. I'm 23 and beginning my thru-hike March 9th. Hope to see you and Martha out there.

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey Clare - I am already out here. My hubby and I have a small group hiking with us and you are welcome to join us. Currently we are sitting out the majority of Octavia in Suches, so depending on when you leave and your hiking speed, you may catch us.
    Have you planned around the Smokies? I don't believe dogs are permitted
    JB (South Side aka Tear Drop) and Stacy (Snacks aka Redemption) 2014/2015 - Rebuilding The Unbreakable....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyc...rhn5dwBltHGUxw
    New2theWild - come follow us!!

Hey Dakota! I'm Molly. I'm planning on starting the approach trail in early/mid April so hopefully I'll see you out there! My hiking partner had a last minute class to take so she'll be joining me a month in. I'm glad there's going to be another woman out there the same time I am!

Davenport's Gap to Sam's Gap March/April 2015

​Hey All You Good People

I am an experienced section hiker who prefers winter/early spring backpacking in TN/NC.

I would like to invite you to join me for an 8-day, 80-mile backpacking trip from Davenport's Gap to Sam's Gap in March/April.

I am looking for 2-6 serious hikers who could begin around Standing Bear Hostel (owner/operator is a friend) and end around Wolf Ridge.

Yes, temps will definitely fluctuate, but it's a good time to beat the rush of thru hikers from GA and enjoy some of the most beautiful vistas on the trail. Most make it in 7 days; i plan for 8 with no food drops.

Please message me for specific dates, and Hey-Ho Let's Go!

Dogs are especially .

I am planning on for start date for April 7th, but the date is flexible. Wondering about meeting up with someone..

I am currently flipping flopping whether to go forth with a full thru hike this year.

I've been planning all this year. I'd go solo and I am a female which is resulting in my family and a few friends, mainly family, becoming hysterical and completely disapproves of my entire decision; calling me selfish and stating they'd just constantly worry. This is a dream of mine and I've explained that if I'd stay it would only be to make everyone else happy, this isn't what I want. I don't want to hurt anyone or make them worry or lose sleep at night but they care about me that much they don't want me to go alone. I'm at a cross road and loss for words.

thoughts??

Saj...i am 33 years old and my family gave me the same guilt trip!!! And i only wanted to do a couple of weeks on the PCT! (Id ofcourse love to do more but ive got this ball-and-chain state job with a pension i cant afford to forfeit) i tried to explain how much i prefer to go alone, but i am still getting massive amounts of grief about how selfish i am. i really would like to find someone who also wanted to hike by herself but is willing to just check up on each other and hitch to town together. didnt want to cause her S.O. and mom to lose sleep at night. So if you ever want to do some desert hiking in winter please message me!

++ New Posts ++