WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
    Meant in all jest, my friend. Moose, it is!
    Taken in jest mate, hope to see you on the trail but that will mean you catching me or me being lazy.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

Only the trail shall tell.
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Well, Moose, the current plan for me is to leave on March 9th on the Approach Trail. That's not set in stone, but that would put you just a few days behind me. I'm almost certain you will catch up.

Four months from now, we'll be making final preparations for departure. It'll come up on us fast!
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

I thought you were after me. That's great I was starting on the 13th but have brought it forward to the 12th. Hope to see you on the trail.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

I have never been concerned about leaving my car parked in that registration area lot. I really like doing trips at Shawnee State Forest. The loops are great because I hate backtracking, especially on weekend trips where I feel like I've barely started and I already have to turn around. The trail being so wide in so many places is pretty nice for walking side by side when I go with my lady.

Thanks Danger. I had read all of the information - but didn't know if anyone knew at what point (temperature, date, ...) the water supply is no longer serviced. I decided to head out early this coming Monday 11/10/14 morning well ahead of the Deer firearm season for a trial of some new gear (trying to gain colder weather and hill experience for future AT thru). The map on the park website is poor imo. A MUCH better one is available from the Ohio e-trails website. I'll play it by ear parking at the trailhead vice the lodge - my car is not new or nice. Going to "attempt" to push through in 2.5 days - we'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++