WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cool Pot/Mug that fits a large canister

Hi There,

I am looking for the smallest pot/mug that could hold a 220-250 gas canisters from Primus/Gigapower/Coleman.
    It is my understanding that a diameter around 11.2cm is the smallest possible? I am looking at volume of 0.85L to 1.4L for 2 and occasionally 1 person cooking (mostly boiling).

Any field experience?

The Evernew 1.3L seems popular but I believe the Canister will stick out, meaning no lid during transport. I like something that can be closed for transport.

It looks like the Toaks one in 115mm diameter are about the right size but I am still fishing for some ideas and I heard that the toaks can be a bit tricky? (handle melting)

Also any idea about a hard anodized aluminum pan in about the same dimension that could fit well within or stacked with the pot?
    I like titanium for the smallest weight to boil water but I have much more trouble understanding the concept of titanium frypan. You don't boil water in a frypan and anything else "less liquid" will burn...

Thanks for any help

Minos

Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    Hi There,

I am looking for the smallest pot/mug that could hold a 220-250 gas canisters from Primus/Gigapower/Coleman.
    It is my understanding that a diameter around 11.2cm is the smallest possible? I am looking at volume of 0.85L to 1.4L for 2 and occasionally 1 person cooking (mostly boiling).

Any field experience?

The Evernew 1.3L seems popular but I believe the Canister will stick out, meaning no lid during transport. I like something that can be closed for transport.

It looks like the Toaks one in 115mm diameter are about the right size but I am still fishing for some ideas and I heard that the toaks can be a bit tricky? (handle melting)

Also any idea about a hard anodized aluminum pan in about the same dimension that could fit well within or stacked with the pot?
    I like titanium for the smallest weight to boil water but I have much more trouble understanding the concept of titanium frypan. You don't boil water in a frypan and anything else "less liquid" will burn...

Thanks for any help

Minos
    I think this answers my question. In fact, the 1.3L evernew can fit the 220 canister upside down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNl8uu0oP24

Now off to look for an appropriate hard-anodized alu that could be stacked on this...

Images

003.JPG This 1100ml Ti pot should work. It holds my Svea just perfect. I think it's about 4.5 inches wide. Got it from S&C....
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
    003.JPG This 1100ml Ti pot should work. It holds my Svea just perfect. I think it's about 4.5 inches wide. Got it from S&C....
    I guess this is the Toaks 1100?
    How do you find it? Does it bend when packed in the backpack?

The Evernew 0.9L Mug pot (Model ECA-267) will fit the canister. 9.7 X 12 cm (3.8 X 4.75"). 3.4 oz w/o stuff sack on my scale.

http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware...mug-pot-eca267

Images

I got my Ti pot from Steep&Cheap...check Backcountry.com for similar items....Also pretty sturdy in the pack.
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

GSI pinacle soloists

++ New Posts ++