WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Underwear: Duluth Trading Co. vs ExOfficio, Advantage DTC

I recently tried Duluth Trading Company's Buck Naked Boxers and Boxer Briefs. At first blush, they seem to be ExOfficio with a different waistband. However, I find they give me a bit more room below they fly, less bunching and the Boxer Briefs a little less tight on the thigh. The fabric seems to be exactly the same. Price on sale for the Duluth Trading company product is about 1/2 of what I have paid for ExOfficio Boxer Briefs.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...efs-76015.aspx

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...ers-67019.aspx

They carry women's styles as well. While there is a price advantage, I am unable to speak to any differences in fit.

Images

i use the Duluth for work (construction) and ExOfficio for hiking. Both are worth the money to me.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I have been wondering about this. I have a Duluth gift card...maybe I'll be driving there this weekend.

They do look pretty similar to ExOfficios, I'd give them a try if I didn't already have enough ExOfficios to last me for the foreseeable future (they are all I've worn in Afghanistan for the last three years). I've found ExOfficios on amazon.com for as low as about $15 a pair (price varies by size/color) so make sure you shop around.
    The one who follows the crowd, will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
    -Albert Einstein

Never thought I'd be chiming in about underwear, but I have both of these so I'll comment

They seem to be the same material or very close. The Duluth boxers are more generously cut - more room, longer, etc. The waistband is much more substantial on the Duluth's. Both are excellent, but without weighing them I'd say the Ex Officio's certainly seem to weigh less. The Duluth waistband is a bit overkill.

I got a pair of the Duluth briefs. They were way to "Speedo" like for me, so I had to send them back!

I'm not going to discuss men's underwear(I freeball mostly anyhow) but was in the Duluth Trading Post store in Duluth a few wks ago looking at their clothing including glancing at the briefs you linked to. All of what I looked at seemed very well made and heavy duty looking like it would last. I almost bought a pr of their work pants.

Yeah, they do look like the ExOfficio boxer briefs I've had generously cut in the crotch for big guys like me.

Just got back from the port Washington store. The boxers seem really nice with a great waist band. But I didn't really care for the button on the fly. I did pick up some Crack zap it for my splitting fingers and a pair of jack pine hiking boots.

I own both and for all practical purposes they are the same. I can get the ex on Sierra trading post for $11 though on occasion.

++ New Posts ++