Default Which Salomons are your favorites?

Hi there! Just wondering which Salomon trailrunners/hiking shoes you all prefer for thruhikes? Synapse vs speedcross vs 3d ultra vs mission?

Default solomans

Just bought 2 pair this weekend.Speechless 3&.Capri 3d love them.First hike in pair on shoes that actually felt great and at the end of 23 mile hike feet felt good...

The only time I bought Solomons for a thruhike they started to fall apart in two weeks. I've stayed away from them ever since.

I wore Solomon XA 3D Ultra 3 only needed two pair for the entire hike. First pair lasted 1100 miles.

Shoes.jpg

Bought some XA's earlier this year.
    Went for a 2 mile walk.
    Woke up the next morning and could not walk.
    My plantar fascia was inflamed to a point that there was a ridge running the length of my foot.
    I could not walk normal for almost two weeks and was in severe pain for over a week.

Took the shoes back.
    Store said they would send back to Salomon and would issue me a store credit if they were given replacement shoes. Also told me it could take up to a month.

My foot hurt so bad I did not care. No way was I was going to put them back on my feet.

The stored called me in a week and told me to come in for a full refund.
    They never told me if the shoes were defective nor given any explanation.

The pain was so bad I cannot see myself ever trying Salomons again.

IMG_3091.jpg

i ONLY WISH THEY WERE WATERPROOF
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

It's a toss up between the XR missions and the XT Hornet. At least I think that's what they're called. I've turned a few people onto the missions, and they love 'em. I think the grip on the Hornet is a little bit better. I had the XA3dUltra whatevers before, and I kept slipping on rocks!

I did replace the insoles with Superfeet.... I had no problems outside of sore feet, which is pretty common on the trail.

XR Mission with super feet insoles! I won't wear anything else!!!
    This is my one small step, this is my walk on the moon! ~Great Big Sea

Images

I wore out 2 pairs of Crossmax1 neutral trails, can't get them any more now using crossmax2. Also put 105 trail miles on a pair of X-screams, work fine but I hate the colors they come in. Solomon really needs to make black/grey for ladies in the light weight models!

Love my Salomon Synapses! Wore Keen Targhee boots from Springer to Daleville, started having foot issues, and bought Salomon Synapse trailrunners at the outfitters in Daleville. Completed the trail in them and have since bought two other pairs. They're the best!

www.trailjournals.com/LadyGrey

I agree that the Solomon XA 3D Ultra 3 shoes are incredible. Love the slide lace-ups. They begin at your big toe and crease at the natural bend at the base of your toes. These shoes breath so well that I never got blisters! I walked through snow and rain and my body heat helped dry them out quickly. Salt and moisture from sweat wick better with appropriate socks, which IMHO makes for better foot health. Not a big fan of waterproof boots. These shoes do have high sidewalls to help you avoid water though.
    I only wish they made these exact shoes as boots ie with ankle support.

I've always run rougher terrain in Salomon Speedcrosses and used them for day hikes on the GR10 in Spain, how would they be for hiking the AT?

I just finished a 100+ mile 10 day backpacking trip at Philmont in New Mexico with speedcross. Sand, rain, mud and rocks were constant. They performed wonderfully other than the lugs wearing down after much grinding on terrain. I do trail runs and ultras in them. My go to trail shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by hiker416 View Post
    I just finished a 100+ mile 10 day backpacking trip at Philmont in New Mexico with speedcross. Sand, rain, mud and rocks were constant. They performed wonderfully other than the lugs wearing down after much grinding on terrain. I do trail runs and ultras in them. My go to trail shoe.
    What about snow? This may seem obvious but I'd have to switch to boots then right?

I had some Speedcross that wore out fast. My current pair of Fellraisers have lasted a lot longer.

++ New Posts ++