Default gossamer gear g4

Have any of you guys used the gossamer gear g4 My wife is 5'1", 110 lbs, torso length 15". Were planning a trip to Europe to do part of the Camino De Santiago. Nothing like the AT or LT, but walking none the less. Staying at hostels so no cooking hear. Just clothing, sleeping, lunch, ect. Looks like a nice light pack for someone her size. Sorry to intrude into the girls section. TIA, Mark S

Images

No experience with G4, but my wife is 4'11" and 90lbs, and she carries a ULA Camino and loves it. Might be worth a look.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Garlic
    Images

I'm not a woman either, but I do have the G4. And I've hiked the Camino.

I've been using GG for many years and am very pleased with their packs overall, but I have had problems with torso measurements. Other packs from GG have been small for the rated size, my G4 was large for it's rated size. So try a small, but allow time to exchange if it doesn't work out.

If I were to hike the Camino again, I'd take my G4 if it's all I had. But it's too big. If I had something more like a large daypack, I'd take that instead. You really just need a sweater, spare socks, lunch, a small pot and spoon, and a rain coat (and money). For sleeping, a sheet is all you need. Every place we stayed, even the most rustic, had warm blankets. Maybe not the cleanest (hence the sheet), but warm. For a little more money, you can stay in nicer places with clean sheets. I had visions of stealth camping but that didn't happen, and I way over-packed.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

++ New Posts ++