WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Good down pants brands

I am looking to get some "in camp" pants to where to stay warm. What are some good brands to look for? All I have heard of is feathered friends.

Journal Entries

Check out montbell's site. They have them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Blackheart

I have the WM Flight pants but I made a mistake cuz they have two long zippers per pair which I never use and are dead weight. Next time I will order them from Goosefeet Gear as they offer overfills up to 8ozs and more choices, although they don't seem to be making them currently. See

https://goosefeetgear.com/products

But heck, the WM pants are nice and are part of my winter standard load. See---

Journal Entries

Ben is making them, the goosefeet website never has made it appear like it. Always good to talk to him first. Expect 4 to 5 week delivery. I consulted with him about 2 weeks ago.

PhD minimus would be a good off the shelf choice. About 23f rated. WM are cut funny. Montbell doesn't have much down.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 11-23-2014 at 12:26.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    Yeah, WM pants are amazingly light for superb warmth, however, the "Flight pants" (Swisscross's link) are overkill unless you're heading to the Himalaya or something, whereas the Flash Pants, 6.5 oz total weight, have plenty of warmth for all but deep winter. I actually use the flash pants for my winter endeavors all over the US, and high climbs (>19K) abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Yeah, WM pants are amazingly light for superb warmth, however, the "Flight pants" (Swisscross's link) are overkill unless you're heading to the Himalaya or something, whereas the Flash Pants, 6.5 oz total weight, have plenty of warmth for all but deep winter. I actually use the flash pants for my winter endeavors all over the US, and high climbs (>19K) abroad.
    Flight pants work great for me and I wanted overkill. When I was in the polar vortex last January I lived in the things. The warmer the better. Of course they are camp-only items, never used while hiking, no matter how cold.

Borah gear.
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

++ New Posts ++