WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Crazy Cheap deals at Woot.com on Yukon hammocks

I thought I would share this deal with everyone

http://www.woot.com/plus/yukon-outfitters-hammocks-3

Images

Has anybody used a Yukon Hammock?

I mean, thats pretty cheap. I might just buy one to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand View Post
    Has anybody used a Yukon Hammock?

I mean, thats pretty cheap. I might just buy one to try.
    I have one of the double hammocks,and I really like it.Dont let the low price fool you,its well worth it.I just ordered two more
    The supplys for the last DIY hammock I made cost more than these hammocks

I downloaded the Woot app.

How do you find backpacking, or, camping gear?

I only see other categories.

Images

The non bug net Yukon hammock is ok once you replace the suspension with something that weighs less. The netted hammock is geared for someone about 5ft 5 or shorter.
    Hammock Hanger by choice

Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 dbl

www.neusioktrail.org

Bears love people, they say we taste just like chicken.

I have the one with the net and do fine with it...I am a bit on the short side 5'6", but once I changed out the heavy suspension system, it is a nice little hammock...the grandkids love it too, no "skeeter" bites!!

I just ordered one. I also got a Coupon code for 10 bucks off today at woot It's SAVE10WOOT according to the email good till xmas but not on Wine.woot
    It diddn't work for me but I'm waiting on a response back from customer service and will update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    I just ordered one. I also got a Coupon code for 10 bucks off today at woot It's SAVE10WOOT according to the email good till xmas but not on Wine.woot
    It diddn't work for me but I'm waiting on a response back from customer service and will update.
    Arrgg.. my mistake. In really fine print it says code is for over 25 bucks before shipping and taxes items. And the hammock is 24.99. They got me.

Images

I bought 2- one with netting and one without. $19.99 & $24.99
    Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
    Albert Einstein

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=18107

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    The non bug net Yukon hammock is ok once you replace the suspension with something that weighs less. The netted hammock is geared for someone about 5ft 5 or shorter.
    Just to elaborate, that even if you're short having a longer hammock means more comfort for most. 11' long is the industry standard right now (the Yukon netted version is something like 8.5 feet long) - and length is more important than width (within reason) in regards to comfort.

The reason is because once you have the hammock hung correctly (usually with a ridgeline), it's only 110" or 9.15 feet long. Then you don't actually lay in it straight on - you want to lay diagonally in it so the usable length is shortened even more. Then add to that how you want to lay flat in it while you're sleeping (so the two ends which arc up is unusable space), you can quickly see how having an 11' (or at least a 10' long if you're pretty short) is advantageous.

So long story short, if you want to try hammock camping to see if it's for you, you're really better off buying the "double" hammock from Woot, or something like one of the 11' long ones from DutchWareGear.com for $32 (and rig it up with some Amsteel rope). That will give you a true feel for what it's like to sleep in a hammock. I bought the Yukon when I was first starting out and it's great to lounge around in a campground, but not so much to sleep in for multiple nights in a row.

++ New Posts ++