WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Arkansas MT. Magazine State Park

Stayed at the lodge and did some GREAT day hiking while there. Probably did two treks about 10 miles total including short hike to highest point in Arkansas. I highly recommend the lodge and the hikes...beautiful! Check it out.

Images

Attended a hike reunion there a few years ago. Very beautiful area, and great, civilized facilities.

Indeed, that Mt Magazine AK area has some very nice hikes. Has a wide hikeable weather window too. AK should receive more hiking consideration and recognition than it does especially from those stuck in an east coast only hiking mindset that are considering late fall and winter hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Indeed, that Mt Magazine AK area has some very nice hikes. Has a wide hikeable weather window too. AK should receive more hiking consideration and recognition than it does especially from those stuck in an east coast only hiking mindset that are considering late fall and winter hikes.
    Alaska is quite a trip for people from the east coast. Wait, I think you meant AR.....
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

I live in Arkansas and we have some great hiking. The Ozark highland trail is amazing. Fall and winter are the best times to hike here.

++ New Posts ++