WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Well the Merry Band of Flip Floppers is no more, well more accurately it has shrunk considerably. Fuzz, Buck, Biskit and Poego are still together hiking north somewhere in CT or MA. Baby Girl and Cowboy are seeing the sites of NYC, soon to be back. Bad Brad, Humminbard, and Scout are home nursing injuries but will be back soon too. I watched my daughter graduate HS and had my knees treated so now its time to get back shortly as well. I hope we find each other again someday but for now we will HOOHs. Good luck my fellow flippers!!

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Images

Treehugger, maybe we can have another "kick-off" from HF when we start the Southern half.

Good luck to you and fellow flippers as well. Hope to see you all soon!
    Simple is good.

Images

Slingshot and I are at the Long Trail Inn in Killington VT enjoying a cold one.

Images

Cool. Today is National Flip-Flop Day. Looks like a good cause.

http://www.national-awareness-days.c...-flop-day.html
    Simple is good.

That's funny!

I'm at the Green Mountain House tonight. Best place to stay so far. Don't miss it! Jeff is s great guy. Call ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

I agree Danger. There is still more trail magic ahead. The Hart Family are at VT-14 (1737.2) West Hartford. Here is there number and they put up hikers and feed you too. I was waved down with a bell ringing as I came down the hill to cross the White River. Had a great breakfast.
    Also here is a list of families who take in hikers in Norwich and Hanover. Be safe out there and good luck. Send JimmyJam well wishes as he had to get off the trail.

Images

Sling Shot, Thanks for the Norwich/Hanover listing....I will post it at the hostel.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
    I'm at the Green Mountain House tonight. Best place to stay so far. Don't miss it! Jeff is s great guy. Call ahead!
    Danger was a perfect guest. He even surprised me with vacuuming the hostel. This guy is well trained !!!
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Danger is 'well trained'...LOL. He's s great guy who loves being able to give back to those that show him kindness.

Baby Girl, Cowboy and I are together again and I look forward to hiking with them for as long as it lasts. Bearded Woods Hostel with Hudson and Big Lu as our hosts is VERY highly recommended. They have thought of everything and it should not be missed. Thx to them for having me! Into Mass. tomorrow, so here we go!!

Stay safe out there with the weather. The Welcome Hostel in Glencliff is a good place to stop before you get ready to climb Mt Moosilauke. The climb is not hard and is a pretty one. The descent is steep but you are awarded a beautiful waterfall along the way. Be prepared for a steep climb up Mt Wolf. Kinsman is a technical climb as you get to the top. Enjoy the beauty and be safe. Plan for 5 to 6 days to get past Franconia Notch.

Glad to hear treehugger and others are back on the trail. I'm zeroing in Hanover, NH. I can't believe I'm in New Hampshire! I'll be heading out---and up---on Tuesday.
    I really appreciate the info from slingshot about the conditions ahead. The mythology surrounding the Whites can be daunting for a simple man from Ohio.

Hey Danger, Slingshot & JimmyJam...look for Scott Jurek in a few days. He passed us this morning @ about Manchester and (I think) is still averaging around 50 miles per day...should be in your neighborhood before you know it! :-)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kushtakaa View Post
    Hey Danger, Slingshot & JimmyJam...look for Scott Jurek in a few days. He passed us this morning @ about Manchester and (I think) is still averaging around 50 miles per day...should be in your neighborhood before you know it! :-)
    Unfortunately I had to leave the trail at Killington, VT due to a bruised bone in my foot that just would not heal while hiking. I hope to see as many of my hiking friends on the trail when they flip. :-)

Treehugger is off trail again. This time its my right knee. Time will tell how this goes but I do plan to be back asap. Baby Girl and Cowboy making their way to VT thru the mud of MASS. Good luck flippers! Cya soon.

Sorry to hear for both of you (JimmyJam & Treehugger)! :-(

We are currently sitting @ the bar of the Inn @ Long Trail trying to erase the gluteal soreness caused by that lengthy slog up Killington yesterday. Probably out tomorrow, then a zero in Hannover & into the Whites within the week!

I made it over Moosilauke yesterday on a beautiful clear day. The climb went quickly and the view from the top was unbelievable! The climb down the north side along Beaver Brook was no joke. Tough on the knees (sorry TH). I'm celebrating the 4th of July in North Woodstock. Off into the White again tomorrow. Should reach Katahdin in the next 30 days or so. This is an exciting time! Clearer weather over the next week!
    Best of luck to the rest of the Flip Floppers and the Class of 2015!

I'm out of the Whites and even saw Scott Jerek too. Use the Huts to your advantage to get flood and stay, they are great people. Make sure you cross the above tree line on clear days and take advantage of the views. The AMC highland center is a great place to stay. I would suggest slacking from 16 to 2 and stay at the Barn. Paul will do it for you if you ask. It is not a party place.

The Barn is only $22 a day and a two min to slack but worth it. He does have wifi too.

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++