WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Default The Trail Show #31 - The Great Eastern Trail

Show #31 – Merry Chrimble! On this month’s show, we talk of deadly mountains, YKTs, the deliciousness that is Moxie, Mike “Scooby” Paige helps us with 14 beers from Texas & Maine, special guest live via satellite link Jo Swanson brings us up to speed on the Great Eastern Trail, we examine goat rentals, Mags swims Capitol Reef, cement shoes are threatened, Hank Hill drops in and a thorough examination of the film “Return to the Wild” is completed. We also do a surprise Top 10, tip our cowboy hats to our monthly donors, read a few letters from the Mailbag and Mags reviews a crucial piece of holiday appropriate “gear.”

And as always … Beer O’ Da Month (courtesy of Johnny Rocket & Stiltz), Trail News with Mags, Trail O’ Da Month (Great Eastern Trail), Disco’s Trail Tip O’ Da Month and Ask-A-Hiker with D-Low.
    Need more Trail Show? Get Bonus Show #5 (The Red Tent Show) and the rest of our bonus show catalog right now at
    www.cdbaby.com/artist/thetrailshow.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

the new trail shows here the new trail shows here.

Really enjoyed the G.E.T.E report. I'm thinking of a big hike that will go from Pittsburgh (Baxter T.),(N.C.T.),(G.E.T.),(A.T.) and all points beyond.

Just in time to sew that down underquilt I've been putting off.

The weather and schedule has not allowed a long hike to listen to the other 1/2 of 29, then 30 and now 31! Oh the horror of it all. Thanks for adding to the stress of stressing over not being able to "Get on the Trail!"
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Thank you, Mags,

I listened to the NWT show.

I "found" a great website: http://www.ronstrickland.com/rs/Paci...est_Trail.html

GET seems a good choice for all those complaining about the current culture on the AT

Also, more tool time!

Quote Originally Posted by jawnzee View Post
    GET seems a good choice for all those complaining about the current culture on the AT
    As long people have some basic route finding skills and don't need a "paint by numbers hike". It is a trail I'd love to do for sure.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawnzee View Post

Also, more tool time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    As long people have some basic route finding skills and don't need a "paint by numbers hike". It is a trail I'd love to do for sure.
    Its a nice trail for sure. I've done portions in TN, and about 300 miles of the 325 miles of the Mid State Trail (part of the GET) in PA. It can be a lonely trail though! You get plenty of time to think about things.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Thanks to you and the crew as always!
    Had my own beer sampling, a few crooked stitches towards the end- but an 11.6 ounce 10 degree UQ and a few laughs were the result.

Glad to hear your public stand and firm declaration on that personal matter and disturbing trend -
    Hop abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post

Glad to hear your public stand and firm declaration on that personal matter and disturbing trend -
    Hop abuse.
    Too many lazy brewers just throwing hops in everything to disguise bad taste IMO!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

BTW- just to update your essential gear list- a roasting pan has become a critical piece of gear at my house for measuring down.

And not sure why them Texas boys didn't hook you up but- http://www.shiner.com/brewery
    If you've never had it, Shiner Bock is right up your alley- a very tasty and affordable drinking beer- their seasonal packs usually have some interesting stuff and run about $10 per 12 pack.

To me Spoetzel Brewery,is the yunegling of Texas. Not bad esp for the price. The local liquor store will have often have the 12 pack you mentioned.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

Do a Podcast, called microbreweries of the world.

I'd bet the response, and call in interviews would be terrific.

Don't leave out Ballard beers, Seattle, WA. Especially: "Ya Sure You Betcha"

Don't leave out greater Portland, OR microbreweries.

Forget hiking!

I don't even like beer. However, "Ya Sure You Betcha" is awesome.

++ New Posts ++