WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Hitler does have a way of presenting a good argument.
    There is a slew of these Hitler parodies on You Tube. I especially liked the one about Microsoft dropping support for WIN XP. There is also an interview with the actor, Bruno Ganz, that plays Hitler in the movie. He said the parodies made him more famous than the original movie! Some of the language is a bit rough. Be forewarned.

This is great stuff, when you can't get out of the house. I like the one, I found, with the Windows XP Desktop photo. I have XP Pro. I had paid for a full installation disk. I have downloaded every installation I could find online. I have SP 1, SP 2 and SP 3. I have every "windows update" for a fresh reinstall.

I think, next, I will back up my entire hard drive with the Acronis software.

I even purchased a XP Pro AOpen embedded device, as well, because XP Pro embedded is supported.

I really think he should have been a little more upset, like that first vid posted here.
    Last edited by Connie; 12-21-2014 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    This is great stuff, when you can't get out of the house. I like the one, I found, with the Windows XP Desktop photo. I have XP Pro. I had paid for a full installation disk. I have downloaded every installation I could find online. I have SP 1, SP 2 and SP 3. I have every "windows update" for a fresh reinstall.

I think, next, I will back up my entire hard drive with the Acronis software.

I even purchased a XP Pro AOpen embedded device, as well, because XP Pro embedded is supported.

I really think he should have been a little more upset, like that first vid posted here.
    I had to wipe my HD and rebuild my OS. Even though MS would not support XP anymore, I did a search on XP updates and found free sites that installed the latest updates.

I also have an Acer Win 8 laptop that gives me fits of frustration! As the Hitler parody suggests, I installed free software that restored the start menu and gave me the familiar XP type of desktop.

The comment, in the parody, by the servant: "Don't worry...we use Linux." got me roaring with laughter! I have been considering switching to Linux, but have yet to find a suitable version to install on my PC.
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 12-25-2014 at 15:42.

I like linux Mint. I am not giving up XP Pro: I have great third-party software I won't give up.

I tried Android 4.2 and then 4.4 Kit Kat. Do you think his reference to G-d kills a kitten... Do you think, oh, nevermind. It is necessary to have seen the vid to "get it". If i try to talk about it, it sounds sick.

I have a "needy" friend. Where did you get a Start menu, and, a working Desktop for Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    I like linux Mint. I am not giving up XP Pro: I have great third-party software I won't give up.

I tried Android 4.2 and then 4.4 Kit Kat. Do you think his reference to G-d kills a kitten... Do you think, oh, nevermind. It is necessary to have seen the vid to "get it". If i try to talk about it, it sounds sick.

I have a "needy" friend. Where did you get a Start menu, and, a working Desktop for Windows 7 or Windows 8?

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I don't know what WinXP third-party software you have. If you like Mint, you might want to check whether your software will run under Wine. If not, it probably will run under VMware Player, which is free for personal use. I don't think I'd want to run a WinXP instance nowadays without virtualizing it somehow.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

It is speech software: no.
    It is screenreading software: no
    It is Fujifilm RAW post-processing software: no

I like that video!

I just like Mint. No special reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++