WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Vitamin I may make us live healthier longer

"Ibuprofen Could Add Years To Your Life, Study Finds" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6354856.html
    Sailor

Good...I just popped two of them before I go outside and lay some sod on a repaired washout, mulch the garden, and plant some more green beans.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

A concern about about ibuprofen is that it will mask the pain serving as a warning sign to layoff a bit before doing serious damage. I have to agree that it works wonders when you need it.
    Simple is good.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor (The other one) View Post
    "Ibuprofen Could Add Years To Your Life, Study Finds" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6354856.html
    Reading this article I assume if you have worms, you shouldn't take Ibuprofen
    Simple is good.

Images

Yeah. The Huff post. That's where I'm going to get my information for a long and healthy life.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Guys, this is a serious drug with an innocuous coating. Don't take it's use lightly. Prolonged and/or excessive use WILL lead to significant, permanent side effects.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

I'm in the opinion that IB200 can be consumed 12times a day if taken with meals and plenty of water and prescription IB800 can be taken 4times a day with meals and plenty of water. If you don't drink enough water your liver won't flush out the harmful toxin's, not enough food can damage the stomach and make it bleed. per my regular nurse 2003. until reading this post I have not followed up to see if it's changed. More studies have been done but best I can tell Nurse Debbie is still correct over all.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Yeah. The Huff post. That's where I'm going to get my information for a long and healthy life.
    What, you think Huff Post did the study?
    Sailor

For those of you that may be allergic to the Huffington Post, you can always get your facts from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/1...tudy-suggests/

Or for those so inclined you can read the original PLOS (Public Library of Science) report at:

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/...l.pgen.1004860
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.

Journal Entries

Prolonged use can cause stomach bleeding. Also, no one mentions like all nasids in can cause a heart attack. Use with caution and wait a while until this is also debunked.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post

Yea... wasn't the whole premise of the movie "The Fugitive" about the evil's of Ibuprofen? LIVESTRONG
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    For those of you that may be allergic to the Huffington Post, you can always get your facts from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/1...tudy-suggests/

Or for those so inclined you can read the original PLOS (Public Library of Science) report at:

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/...l.pgen.1004860
    I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you! - why on earth did you feel you needed to go there?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries

Not sure i see many parallels between humans, .......and worms, yeast, and fruit flies.

I'll wait for the rabbit study before making my assessment. Or at least mice. Some mammal.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo View Post
    I'm in the opinion that IB200 can be consumed 12times a day if taken with meals and plenty of water and prescription IB800 can be taken 4times a day with meals and plenty of water. If you don't drink enough water your liver won't flush out the harmful toxin's, not enough food can damage the stomach and make it bleed. per my regular nurse 2003. until reading this post I have not followed up to see if it's changed. More studies have been done but best I can tell Nurse Debbie is still correct over all.
    I was really concerned on my thru hike that I was popping two Advil every four hours so six to eight per hiking day. But I was also eating 6000-8000 calories and drinking many liters of water per day. So if Nurse Debbie's info is correct then I had the perfect conditions to minimize impact from the Advil. At any rate three years later and I am still alive with no adverse effects.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you!
    Yeah, the one conducted by Dick Cheney.
    Sailor

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Not sure i see many parallels between humans, .......and worms, yeast, and fruit flies.

I'll wait for the rabbit study before making my assessment. Or at least mice. Some mammal.
    Yes this study seems better to show that it can extend the life of parasites then of the host.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you! - why on earth did you feel you needed to go there?
    With all the medical issues you have posted about over the last few years, I doubt any medication could help.

Oh, the love affair the U.S. has with pain medications. Yet, more fostering of the medical approach that places treatment - suppression of symptoms - over prevention and education. So the marching over the cliff continues. See no evil Speak no evil Hear no evil

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Oh, the love affair the U.S. has with pain medications. Yet, more fostering of the medical approach that places treatment - suppression of symptoms - over prevention and education. So the marching over the cliff continues. See no evil Speak no evil Hear no evil
    The cumulative effects that chronic pain can have on the body cannot be over stated, it truly is debilitating, not necessarily the pain itself, but the constant day in and day out grinding that takes place. It affects all parts of the body, stressing the organs and often causing new maladies, like heart decease, cancers, on and on.

Images

Well, it sure helps me stay healthy because without it I'd be doing less, it's a simple as that. I take very modest amounts, about a sixth of the recommended daily maximum and only at all on "epic" days.

Hail to Vitamin I !!!

And my doctor, young, very much in tune with modern sports medicine and 100 times more of an expert than anyone on here (on this medical subject) thoroughly approves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++