WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Dry Baking With Alcohol

In this video Shug shows how he bakes with alcohol:

I never would have belived this if I hadnt just watched it. An ounce of fuel.
    I'm gonna try it.

I'm getting ideas.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

After watching Shug's video, not entirely scientific but a good apples to apples comparison, I was impressed by how the non bunt pan cooked versus the bunt pan.

I will try this in the not too distant future as I can see some near adaptations of good ole southern biscuits for breakfast. Now to just dehydrate some livermush.
    IF your "number of posts" exceed your "days as a member" your knowledge is suspect.

Yerby Ray
    Newton, NC

The Shug had me at hello.

The principal behind the baking is the same as an oven. Keep the cooking pan away from the heat. In college we had a deep electric skillet where we would take three metal nuts and place them in the bottom of the skillet. We could cook pot pies like you would in a oven. The heat would travel thru the nuts to the pot pies and only burn three small areas. A small price to pay for a cheap meal. I made a hobo stove from a Ikea utensil drainer. I found a stainless bowl at a surplus store and ground the bottom down to where the disk would drop into the container. I added three small nuts and bolts to make a place for the disk to ride on. This disk became the bottom of my oven. I took some metal skewers, cut to length to stick through the holes in the container to position my baking pan above the disk. Took a little while to bake but it works and the weight is minimal.
    I do like zelph' alcohol stove. It is much more compact than my hobo stove. And a whole lot less fuss.
    Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

Thx for another video Shug.

Pilot B

++ New Posts ++