WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default 2014 Thru-Hikers Free Documentary

COOLNESS.

P.S I am glad that some one knows the difference between a trail Documentary and a trail movie. a lot of folks here on WB don't.

I liked it, saw hiker mom in there.

Maybe one of these days we will come across each other, I saw Superman we hiked together through the SNP in 06.
    all in all it was a VERY COOL doc.

Journal Entries

Pretty enjoyable.

Images

Wow, it really is a 2000 mile moving spring break party.

Images

and, what is a 'Safety Talk?'

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    go foreth and be safepimp.gif

Images

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...8011150AA0UPZa

Images

Oh, I clearly don't hang with the cool kids.

Journal Entries
    Images

Most cool folks don't hang with the cool kids......

That was different! I guess I just haven't run into much of the party crowd during my section hikes. A good documentary, seeing that it's free on youtube, but it was a little one sided in how it mostly catered to younger partiers. Interesting that he runs into Squatch at 22:35. Squatch's documentaries give a better glimpse into the the different characters on the trail.

Note: I just reread my post and realized it might sound negative...that wasn't my intention but just my thoughts after watching it. Thanks, Terry7, for posting your documentary.

I'd be a total misfit with these cool kids, but it's good to know one can imbibe/ingest (and I hope not inject) and still complete a thru. I was at Thomas Knob shelter the night of the pony "attack," though, and it was fun to get a more complete account.

Images

I wanted to show the social side of the trail. No one does that there are hundreds of docs about hiking and mountain views. This was the height of thru hiker season. Most nights it was just 3 or 4 of us just setting around a camp fire getting high. If you dont like crowds then try sobo the only party's you find will be the ones you make yourself. The trail is big enough for all of us. Thank you for watching. I wish I had a camcorder back in the 70s, now that would make a great documentary. LOL

Images

Terry i hate youtube stuff... except for yours liked the interview with Matty
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Interesting. I had a scathing critique ready to post, but instead I will thank you for posting this. I've had plenty of "safety talks" and parties off the trail. I'm seeking a different experience on my thru-hike. For me, it's about the trail, not the people.

It was enjoyable to watch. Now I am confirmed in my Flip form HF. 99.9% of that video is not for me! HYOH
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Thanks. One part of why I'm doing a thru of the AT, typical spring start NOBO next year rather than, say, the PCT or a flip-flop is the social aspect. Reading this forum sometimes makes me think that the trail will be full of people who just want to talk about gear and hiking ethics, even though I know that's not true, and probably isn't even what WBers would talk about in real life if I met them. It was nice to see a glimpse into the social side of things. I'm hoping to find myself around fun people every once in a while and indulge a bit, around calmer people every once in a while, and alone in a beautiful quiet spot every once in a while. I'm hoping to experience philosophical conversations, dumb and funny conversations, and silence, just like in my everyday life now. I don't see why someone has to be on one "side" or the other. I don't plan to party anywhere close to every night but I'm glad to know that this is out there.

Just happened to finish watching this documentary a few minutes ago. I got on the AT at Partnership the Sunday Trail days finished. I heard there was a pretty big crowd just behind me, glad I stayed a few days ahead of it! The follow up parties at Bastin and the Generals slowed most of them down too. Only had a few who were at Trail Days catch up to me.

Since "7's" documentary was to interview a lot of hikers, it stands to reason we see most of them at trail feeds where they congregate.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry7 View Post
    I thought the young man singing a rendition of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues was quite entertaining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++