WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gopro attachment

How do you attach a gopro hero 3 black to a backpack? since i recieved one for Christmas id like to use it for recording my hikes from now on.

I used he cap mount that comes with the heD straps. I slid it over one of the shoulder straps and secured it with a Velcro strap.

Images

With a little bit of handyman fabrication, you can use the display mount it was attached to in the box to make one which your shoulder strap webbing can slide through.

Thanks i might try bearhawks idea first than something else if that doesn't work

I just used the helmet strap and attached it to one of the shoulder straps along with a Gopro mount that allows you to swivel the camera so you can adjust the angle up or down to suit you. The helmet strap has locking sliders and I just wrap them around the shoulder strap. Holds on really well and stays put.

http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/vented-....html#/start=1

I have a recmounts clip and attach it to my chest strap. Easy to take on/off but stays in place where you put it. It also rotates if you need it to.

http://www.amazon.com/Rec-mounts-Rot.../dp/B00E4CXQZQ

Thanks everyone for your help

A pretty good utube of someone mounting the gopro on a backpack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm18cM9x3jwat
    I've got a hero 4 black and the problem with hiking with a gopro is that the battery just doesn't last long enough.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Use an external frame and clamp it to the top crossmember.

Smatree offers the best quality gopro attachments. You can even get the gopro attachments 100% free after joining their VIP testing team free on smatree.com

Quote Originally Posted by smatree View Post
    Smatree offers the best quality gopro attachments. You can even get the gopro attachments 100% free after joining their VIP testing team free on smatree.com
    The gopro pole and gopro case of Smatree is the No.1
    Smatree offers the best and largest selection of GoPro accessories on Amazon, mounts,cases, poles,attachments etc on the internet.

The only thing I can think of worse than being forced to wear a camera while hiking would be to be forced to watch the footage of someone else hiking.

Hiking is not moment to moment excitement and thrills. Part of the enjoyment is the serenity. Capturing it on video just doesn't convey the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkintom View Post
    The only thing I can think of worse than being forced to wear a camera while hiking would be to be forced to watch the footage of someone else hiking.

Hiking is not moment to moment excitement and thrills. Part of the enjoyment is the serenity. Capturing it on video just doesn't convey the experience.
    I didn't use a gopro but I did bring a waterproof camera that had video capability and was able to take some footage here and there along the trail along with some self interviews. I can't tell you how glad I am that I decided to do this, my only regret is not taking more footage, absolutely priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot86 View Post
    How do you attach a gopro hero 3 black to a backpack? since i recieved one for Christmas id like to use it for recording my hikes from now on.
    Visit peakdesign.com. They have a sturdy mount that clamps around the shoulder strap and still allows you to quickly unclip the camera for handheld use. I was concerned that the clamp would be uncomfortable against my chest but but when tightly secured to the shoulder strap I don't even notice it. It's a well built product and is worth the price tag.

Hows the perspective from a shoulder strap? I saw a guy that made a pole setup out of PVC that gave a nice angle that included the top of his head. From a viewers perspective if was a nice reference. The PVC setup wasn't exactly something I'd want to deal with on a 6 month trip. A slick carbon fiber pole setup would be sweet especially if it could double as a pole for your tarp.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even know to ask.

I've never attached it to a pack but I have attached it to my pole before which works well. You can also try the P.O.V. attachment from Peak Designs. I use their V2 clip for my pack strap for my DSLR and it works flawlessly. Great product, great quality, etc.

https://peakdesign.com/store/pov-kit

61 by djbigley, on Flickr
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Quote Originally Posted by 88BlueGT View Post
    I've never attached it to a pack but I have attached it to my pole before which works well. You can also try the P.O.V. attachment from Peak Designs. I use their V2 clip for my pack strap for my DSLR and it works flawlessly. Great product, great quality, etc.

https://peakdesign.com/store/pov-kit

61 by djbigley, on Flickr
    Man that footage would make me motion sick! LOL
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning you didn't even know to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Bear View Post
    Man that footage would make me motion sick! LOL
    I should have specified that I would not recommend using the pole mount for moving video! It really depends on what type of video you are trying to shoot. If you want to get them cool solo shots if you hiking past the camera the pole mount is perfect since it can be stuck in the ground and hit record. I say just go with both and you can't go wrong!
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Great NEWS!

Giveaways: Win 25 in 1 Gopro Accessories Kit from Smatree
    Smatree released its new 25 in 1 Gopro Accessories Kit! Would you like to win it for free? Our Rules are as Follows:
    1: Be based on who has US/UK/FR/DE/ES/IT Amazon account
    2: Share this giveaway from Smatree Facebook-iSmatree to your facebook and get 50 “likes”+20 of your friends share it on their own facbook. Let us know after you have done!
    (Please send your screen shoot to [email protected] )
    3: Only 8 people will be the lucky to win.
    4: Giveaways starts from 2nd April 2015 and ends on 12 April 2015
    5: Winner will be selected through random drawing to be held after 12 April 2015
    6: Prize is not transferable and are not redeemable for cash
    Good Luck!
    This giveaway is sponsored by:
    smatree.com
    Looking forward to your participation!
    Smatree offers the best and largest selection of GoPro accessories on Amazon, mounts,cases, poles,attachments etc on the internet.

++ New Posts ++