WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default looking for Day, weekend, long weekend section hiking people

Hi everyone. I always thought I would thru, but not in this lifetime. So, why not section. I live in the Vermont and Mass area. Looking to section often this year. I am 50, not fast, not slow, but can go the distance. Anyone in this area want to hike, let me know : ) Hike our own hike.

I have finished NH, most of VT, some of Maine, SNF north 2/3 section. Looking to hike NY, Conn, Mass.

(starting after ski season, of course : )
    Just ignore it

Images

Hi Speedbump,
    From NC, but have hiked all the way from Springer to CT. Everyone is soooo negative about hiking in New England in spring/April-May. I understand the Black fly issue and mud/trail damage in Vt. As an alternative,
    im considering trying to get through CT and MA before black fly season and pick up in VT after Memorial day. Any interest? Nimbus

Speedbump -
    I am within a few months of you (49 and counting!). I, too, will never be able to thru-hike. I have been section-hiking the past few years. While I am only planning a 10 day trip this year, beginning next year I want to add a long weekend hike to that. If you want to PM me your email, I will "tuck it away" to contact you in 2016. As a teacher, I have a lot of flexibility in the summer, but would feel better with someone to hike with/near...

Oh, and I too am not a fast (nor slow) hiker. Yet, I can plug along for up to 22 miles walking all day (but prefer my day to be shorter than that!)

I am 57, so a little older. I am also a teacher with time in the summer. I am section hiking south, I did a north bound thru hike in78. When school gets out I will be starting in Kent,CT heading south for a couple weeks. I do not plan on finishing Penn, but rather end somewhere around 100 miles from the Maryland boarder. I have a partner and we plan on 18 miles a day.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Hi Speedbump,
    From NC, but have hiked all the way from Springer to CT. Everyone is soooo negative about hiking in New England in spring/April-May. I understand the Black fly issue and mud/trail damage in Vt. As an alternative,
    im considering trying to get through CT and MA before black fly season and pick up in VT after Memorial day. Any interest? Nimbus
    Black flies are not really an issue in CT and Ma ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Speedbump:
    My hiking buddy and I, both retired educators, are planning a 15-day section hike from northern CT across MA into VT in early June. We have put together about 1,100 on the AT and typically do 12-18 miles per day. Let me know if you're interested.

Capt Kirk

Do you have dates yet ? Sounds great ! You can PM if you like
    Just ignore it

My wife and I are starting our AT trek on April 25th, going 4 days at a time every other weekend, from Kent CT north. We are planning for ~ 10 miles per day and are hammock campers so we are going to be driven more by how we feel and the time of day. This will be our first trip we are in our 50's and just getting back into hiking and camping. You can PM me if you want to talk more.

4Days

Looking to do CT,MA and some of VT this year. Slow hiker. Mainly this spring and Fall.

++ New Posts ++